Notices

Wastegate won't open?

Old 06-11-2003, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wastegate won't open?

Alright, just like the topic says. My wastegate won't open at all. I have all the correct vacuum hooked up because it was working fine the other day and now nothing.

I will still get 1-2 psi but that is all. The spring in the wastegate is 7 psi spring. But the wastegate doesn't open at all.

The wastegate is an external turbonetics deltagate.

Maybe the wastegate is hooched?? Who knows...

Thanks
Old 06-11-2003, 01:12 PM

sounds more like a leaky charge pipe. use to happen to me all the time and i would just tighten the charde pip fitting around the TB. if the waste gate didnt open then you would get to much boost not the other way
Old 06-11-2003, 01:34 PM

Default Re: (btole)

Alright, just got back in from checking over all the piping. I tighten up pretty much every single connection except for one. I'm 99% sure that the one I never tighten is causing the problem.

Went for a drive around the block didn't really make a difference.

Any other ideas?

Old 06-11-2003, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Wastegate won't open? (yorktonite)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yorktonite &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright, just like the topic says. My wastegate won't open at all. I have all the correct vacuum hooked up because it was working fine the other day and now nothing.

I will still get 1-2 psi but that is all. The spring in the wastegate is 7 psi spring. But the wastegate doesn't open at all.

The wastegate is an external turbonetics deltagate.

Maybe the wastegate is hooched?? Who knows...

Thanks </TD></TR></TABLE> dude maybe your smoking crack? lol if your wastgate was "Closed" it would produce as much boost as the turbo can produce, maybe its you blow-off valve stuck open lol im just messin with ya, but yeah you realy should look at all the pipes and make sure you dont have a leaky pipe
Old 06-11-2003, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Wastegate won't open? (nerces)

Haha.. yeah I screwed up but there is no point to edit it now that you guys pointed it out twice..

Anyway.....

I checked out all the pipes (again) and im 100% positive there are no leaks.

No clue what to check out next?

Old 06-11-2003, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Wastegate won't open? (yorktonite)

Maybe my muffler bearings are shot?

haha, I'm just playing around.....
Old 06-11-2003, 02:15 PM

check you intercooler for leaks a rock could of came up up and hit it and put a hole in it of one of your freinds that like you could of put a screw driver though the intecooler and check you wg where it is mounted to thw mani if they are tight and also on the manifold flange see if it is tight to the head or a crack in the manifold

or even something fell down inside of the intake charge tude for the turbo and getting stuck in there there is more but there is some for you to check
Old 06-11-2003, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bottlefedb18c1)

is the wastegate used?? i've heard of them melting oper and/or shut.
its a big problem w/ VW's ...escpecially w/ internal wastegates
Old 06-11-2003, 06:37 PM

Default Re: (Ryan C)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">check you intercooler for leaks a rock could of came up up and hit it and put a hole in it of one of your freinds that like you could of put a screw driver though the intecooler and check you wg where it is mounted to thw mani if they are tight and also on the manifold flange see if it is tight to the head or a crack in the manifold
or even something fell down inside of the intake charge tude for the turbo and getting stuck in there there is more but there is some for you to check
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Alright, just got in from checking everything over. The intercooler looks fine to me. No huge holes or anything like that. I checked over all the bolts and tighten them up a little bit. Never got a chance to take off the intake pipe for the turbo and checking for anything getting stuck in it. But I will do that tommorow.

Ryan C, the wastegate is used when I bought it. Had it for over a year and it worked fine. The prevouis owner had it for 8 months (so I was told). It is an external wastegate.
Old 06-11-2003, 07:48 PM

check to see if there is anything stuck in the turbo it happened before if you do a search you will find pics of it