Notices

using moates burn1...what is verify chip w/ guffer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default using moates burn1...what is verify chip w/ buffer?

im getting an error when i load a chip and then verify it w/ buffer and then program it. im just trying all possibilies here. i dont think my software is working right that is why my car is running bad. thanks

what are the steps to burn a 27sf512 chip? i need to chip addresssing and buffer addressing. i think mine are wrong thanks
Old 03-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: using moates burn1...what is verify chip w/ buffer? (the.hamburglar)

somebody has to know this

here is what i mean

http://www.moates.net/document...id=13

its definaltly the error im getting when i verify chip with buffer. thanks. i need to know the number to put in chip addressing and buffer addressing with the 27SF512 chip.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: using moates burn1...what is verify chip w/ buffer? (the.hamburglar)

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. But when I burn a chip, I load the buffer with the bin file then click the program button..

I've never had to use the verify buffer? why are using that? Just reburn the chip..

Old 03-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by the.hamburglar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
what are the steps to burn a 27sf512 chip? </TD></TR></TABLE>

1). Load file to Buffer.

2). Program chip.

There is no need to verify chip w/ buffer. If you are getting a "bad burn" you should have a solid CEL when the key is turned back to the "ON" position.

Phil
Old 03-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: using moates burn1...what is verify chip w/ buffer? (hondaguyef)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by moates.net &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Verify Chip With Buffer - This will read the contents of the chip at and between the locations specified in the "Chip Addressing" fields and compare them against the data in the buffer at the location "Buffer Addressing" field "Start Address." It will return success if the contents are identical and failure if they contain any differences (or if there was an error).
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No need for you to use the "verify chip w/ buffer tool" when burning an entire .bin file. Only when trying to burn a segment of a file. At least that's what I'm getting from the above paragraph.

Phil
Old 03-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: using moates burn1...what is verify chip w/ buffer? (hondaguyef)

You use the verify buffer to make sure that the whole bin file has been burned correctly to the chip.. If it doesnt verify, then it means the chip was not burned correctly due to wrong address, bad chip, or interruption...

What it does is compares the contents of the Burn1 buffer (BIN file loaded to it) with the contents of the chip (BIN file burned).

Hope that makes sense to you..
Old 03-18-2006, 10:30 AM

Default Re: using moates burn1...what is verify chip w/ buffer? (ALLMOTOR18)

Do you have the chip in the right direction and position correctly? i know its silly...but sometimes that mistake can happen...
Old 03-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Verifying the chip with the buffer is just comparing what is now on the chip with the file in the buffer. If the verification fails, then all it means is that the buffer and the image on the chip are not the same.....which implies that the burn was failed.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: using moates burn1...what is verify chip w/ buffer? (IN VTEC)

thanks guys. what if i verify a blank chip? what should happen? my guess is that it should verify correctly. but the blank chip is verifying an error for me. then when i load a stockls.bin and program it it seems to burn ok and then when i verify it after its programed it verfiys ok. then i put it into the ecu and i get a solid cel after the verification has been ok. do you think there is something wrong with the hardware? it still runs horrible. i think there might besomething wrong with the ecu.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes its in the right direction
Old 03-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A blank chip won't verify. It'll look at what's in the buffer and compare it with the blank chip and say that it's not the same. I don't think you can load a blank file into the buffer either.

Maybe you have an option checked in the software that the ECU looks for, but it's attached? Knock sensor, or barometric pressure sensor for example.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: using moates burn1...what is verify chip w/ buffer? (IN VTEC)

ok, well i guess my ecu is fried. it worked perfectly in the fall and i had it sitting all winter. i now have the stock ecu in so i guess ill have to wait for the turbo.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when using a 512k chip you will need to start the offset at 0x8000 (set to 8000 hex)

leave buffer addressing alone...its the start device address you need to set to 8000
Old 03-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: using moates burn1...what is verify chip w/ buffer? (2k.civic.si)

just type in 8000 at the top. not 08000?
Old 03-18-2006, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i was reading on another forum that if its a p06 (non vtec) converted a p28 (vtec), which i have, i am unable to load a non vtec basemap. is this true? this could explain why my ls basemap is not working. will i need to cut something out? i heard about some J1 jumper. is that right?
Old 03-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by the.hamburglar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just type in 8000 at the top. not 08000?</TD></TR></TABLE>

ya it should work...i use different software but i just type 8000...
Old 03-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by the.hamburglar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was reading on another forum that if its a p06 (non vtec) converted a p28 (vtec), which i have, i am unable to load a non vtec basemap. is this true? this could explain why my ls basemap is not working. will i need to cut something out? i heard about some J1 jumper. is that right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

ive never had this problem...and if you cut j1 then the ecu runs on the stock internal program and not the program in the chip...hence cut j1 ecu is back to stock...
Old 03-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there needs to be 5 digits
Old 03-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by the.hamburglar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there needs to be 5 digits</TD></TR></TABLE>

enter 08000 then
Old 03-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i did and it doesnt work. what are the possibilites that the chip has been fried?
Old 03-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you put to much voltage into it then it could be fried...if your not putting enough voltage into then it wont program...
Old 03-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: using moates burn1...what is verify chip w/ buffer? (ALLMOTOR18)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ALLMOTOR18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You use the verify buffer to make sure that the whole bin file has been burned correctly to the chip.. If it doesnt verify, then it means the chip was not burned correctly due to wrong address, bad chip, or interruption...

What it does is compares the contents of the Burn1 buffer (BIN file loaded to it) with the contents of the chip (BIN file burned).

Hope that makes sense to you.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly! the burner just throws the data onto the chip - it's simply an output with no feedback.

the buffer will not verify with the chip if the chip is placed in the burner incorrectly.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: using moates burn1...what is verify chip w/ buffer? (2point2)

its not placed into the burner incorrectly. can someone tell me the difference between importing a map and opening a map? i see import only on some of the bin files
Old 03-18-2006, 10:38 PM

The "import only" files are what came with the software, so you shouldn't be trying to burn those files anyway.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: using moates burn1...what is verify chip w/ buffer? (EnzoSpeed)

alright, here is what im going to do

open - stock gsr
import - p75/p72 - select p75 import only

then timing and fuel maps have now changed

ill change the vtec to 7940 all the way down the 4 colums

i checked the vtp disable box. and thats it. anything else?

Quick Reply: using moates burn1...what is verify chip w/ guffer?