Notices

Uberdata vs. neptune ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uberdata vs. neptune ?

What are some advantages to neptune? Right now i am using uberdata and have no problems except for temp changes. I am making good power but plan to go to 1600cc injectors instead of 1000cc. My friend has tuned 1600cc on uberdata but the car would not idle until it was warmed up. Does anyone know if neptune is same way or better?, plus i want to run 35psi instead of 30 so chrome is an option too.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Uberdata vs. neptune ? (94lsvtecturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94lsvtecturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What are some advantages to neptune? Right now i am using uberdata and have no problems except for temp changes. I am making good power but plan to go to 1600cc injectors instead of 1000cc. My friend has tuned 1600cc on uberdata but the car would not idle until it was warmed up. Does anyone know if neptune is same way or better?, plus i want to run 35psi instead of 30 so chrome is an option too. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Happy Holidays jerkface.

Sam
Old 12-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Uberdata vs. neptune ? (RaceProfessor)

Whats going on? This setup change is costing me more than i thought. sal thinks i should keep it how it is.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont talk about the cost of a set up change! i think im near the zillion dollar mark.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94lsvtecturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Whats going on? This setup change is costing me more than i thought. sal thinks i should keep it how it is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would go Neptune, Uberdata works but it's been a bit inconsistent. The Supra for example has been tuned only once on the dyno, never been touched since summer and still runs exactly the same, perfectly. It's just a matter of time in my opinion. Just get it when you can afford it.

Sam
Old 12-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i guess but sal cant neptune, i would have to take it to jeff evans. Do you think i should keep the turbo kit the same and up the boost?
Old 12-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey how much for the fuel pump? it has -10 line fittings right?
Old 12-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94lsvtecturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i guess but sal cant neptune, i would have to take it to jeff evans. Do you think i should keep the turbo kit the same and up the boost?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you're really serious about being a contender, go GT40. Other than that, let's push the limits on the current set up. No need for more horsepower if you haven't ran a number yet. I figure, once you're in the low 10's, you can think about upgrading.

Sam
Old 12-25-2005, 06:44 PM

you are comparing some homemade junk to a professional product.. what do you think the differences are going to be?
Old 12-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Uberdata vs. neptune ? (ILLICON5000)

Both still use the stock ecu injector driver. Its going to be hard either way to drive 1600's but it can be done w/ neptune. But most serious guys are running other stand alones. Most guys around here i know that push 700 plus using neptune Usually run 1000's. How you ask? They idle w/ a fuel pressure of 55-60 psi. The rochester and msd injectors are the way to go. Most other injectors are rated 1000cc's @ 100% duty cycle. The msd's and rochester's are rated 1000cc's @ 85 % duty cycle. And they run big fuel pumps no not the walboro. A1000 and the eliminator. Good Luck though.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Uberdata vs. neptune ? (9sech22civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94lsvtecturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i guess but sal cant neptune, i would have to take it to jeff evans. Do you think i should keep the turbo kit the same and up the boost?</TD></TR></TABLE>

jason hunt tunes neptune too and is alot easier and closer to get a hold of to tune it
Old 12-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so you guys some how used neptune on a supra?.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Uberdata vs. neptune ? (tagperformance)

I run neptune and I love it. Can't beat it for the price.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Uberdata is not even close to Neptune.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would the people who are leg humping Neptune please give technical reasons as to why it's the best. Because people like me, who are willing to pay a little extra for a better honda based EMS, are looking for better reasons than "it's the best"

How about a few examples of what the hardware or software allow you to do that crome(pro) or uberdata do not.

I'm not trying to start something - i just want to hear facts, for a change, with regaurds to neptune.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2point2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2point2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Would the people who are leg humping Neptune please give technical reasons as to why it's the best. Because people like me, who are willing to pay a little extra for a better honda based EMS, are looking for better reasons than "it's the best"

How about a few examples of what the hardware or software allow you to do that crome(pro) or uberdata do not.

I'm not trying to start something - i just want to hear facts, for a change, with regaurds to neptune. </TD></TR></TABLE>

true! people just love to run off at the mouth and dont post facts. my friend said this my friend said that, I am running uberdata on my setup for 7000 miles hard as expletive and its working perfect, afr stays perfect. so give us a reason why neptune is better, or is it just the new bandwaggon, like the sc61 turbo 2 years ago.or the new gt series today, facts people not hear say.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rudebwoy)

*Fuel/Ignition Maps
Primary and Secondary Maps Primary and Secondary low and high cam fuel and ignition maps. 8 maps total. 24 load breakpoints by 24 rpm breakpoints for precise tuning. Low and high cam both can be scaled to go to 11000 and above

*Rev Limits/VTEC
High and Low Cam Rev Limits Low cam rev limit doubles as a cold limit
High and Low Load VTEC Engagement RPMs Separate engagement RPMs for low and high load
TPS threshold decides low/high load This option decides whether to use the low or high load engagement RPM
Minimum load for engagement This option only allows VTEC to engage above the specified load
Disengage below minimum load When VTEC is engaged this option determines whether or not to disengage below the minimum load or disengage below the set engagement RPM
VTEC Disable For Non-VTEC setups
VTEC Speed Threshold Disable Allows VTEC to activate at launch or on setups without a VSS
VTEC Temperature Threshold Disable Allows VTEC to activate while the car isn’t fully warmed up
VTEC Pressure Disable For setups without a VTEC Pressure switch
VTEC Error Check Disable Only suggested for race vehicles

*Corrections
New and old injector size Can be used with the overall trim to rescale for new injector sizes
Overall Fuel Trim Globally applied fuel correction
TPS Tip-In Fuel Trim Correction to accurately tune TPS Tip-In for different size injectors and different setups
Cranking Fuel Trim Fuel correction for Raw Cranking Fuel Maps
Post Start Fuel Trim Correction for fuel delivered immediately after startup
Adjustable ECT vs Raw Cranking Fuel Maps Used to determine how much fuel is used to start the engine
Adjustable ECT vs Fuel Enrichment Maps Used for cold start enrichment
Adjustable ECT vs Ignition Correction Maps Used for cold start correction
Adjustable IAT vs Fuel Enrichment Maps Complete fuel correction for weather changes
Adjustable IAT vs Ignition Correction Maps Ignition correction for intake temperature
Adjustable Gear Based Fuel Enrichment Maps Allows balancing of air/fuel ratios between different gears
Adjustable Gear Based Ignition Correction Maps Can be used as an aid for traction
Adjustable Individual Cylinder Fuel Trim Allows adjustments to fuel to obtain equal individual cylinder EGTs and more
Adjustable Individual Cylinder Ignition Trim Allows adjustments to ignition to obtain equal individual cylinder EGTs and more

*Idle
Target Idle
ECT vs Target Idle maps Fully adjustable ECT and target idle values for the startup idle maps
IACV Duty Cycle Adjustment Allows adjustment of IACV duty cycle to help you reach your target RPM

*AC Cutoff
Above RPM
Above TPS threshold
Idle Recovery Disengages the AC clutch below this RPM to help regain control over a low idle

*3-step
Activation by MPH No need for a clutch switch!
Activation by TPS threshold Rev until any RPM you choose, cross the TPS threshold and it holds that RPM
Activation by switch/clutch switch Can be used to turn 2-step on/off or used as a clutch input
MPH threshold for 2-step Can help limit you off the line to keep traction under control
Ignition Retard/Fuel Enrichment Allows you to build boost off the 2-step
TPS threshold for retard/enrichment Allows you to pre-stage on the 2-step before building boost
Full Throttle Shift Holds the target RPM during shifts. Requires use of a clutch input
Selectable clutch switch input Several inputs to choose from to fit what’s available

*Outputs (2)
Activation Input Not required for activation but can be used as an on/off switch
Activation Output Several outputs to choose from
Minimum RPM
Maximum RPM
Minimum Load
Maximum Load
Minimum speed
Minimum Throttle Position
Minimum Intake Air Temperature
Maximum Intake Air Temperature
Minimum Engine Coolant Temperature
Maximum Engine Coolant Temperature
Ignition Retard Retards ignition when activated
Fuel Enrichment Adds fuel when activated
Switch maps on activation Ability to use secondary maps to completely tune for nitrous

*Boost Control For use with dual, tri, and quad stage boost controllers
Activation Input Not required for activation but can be used as an on/off switch
Activation Output Selectable outputs for each stage of boost
Minimum RPM
Minimum speed
Minimum Throttle Position
Boost Cut Keeps you from going over a determined safe level of boost

*Fan Control Allows full control of what temperature the fan is activated
Activation Output
Minimum Engine Coolant Temperature

*Switch Maps
Flexible Dual Map Setup Primary and secondary maps can be setup to use MAP or TPS as load reference, Load and RPM breakpoints can be completely different. Can be used for extending load points/rpm breakpoints, alpha-n scaling, pump/race tunes, etc
Activation Input Not required for activation but can be used as a switch between the different maps
Minimum RPM
Minimum Load Optional setting, can be disabled. For use with maps extending onto the secondary maps
Minimum Throttle Position Optional setting, can be disabled. For use with Alpha-N scaling for ITB tuning
Use High Cam Maps Only Can be used to tune VTEC setups using one set of maps only

*Closed Loop Control
Target O2 Voltage Can be changed to work with a widebands 0-1v linear output
Disable Closed Loop Above Load Beneficial to small turbo and supercharged setups that build boost even at partial throttle
RPM vs TPS Threshold Gives access to the maps that govern the stock closed loop routines
Disable Closed Loop Option Disables closed loop completely
Disable Open Loop Lookup Table Option Disables enrichments from the open loop lookup table
ECT Threshold For Open Loop Table Use The temperature that the Open Loop Lookup Table starts being applied

*Sensors and more
Disable Knock Sensor
Disable Injector Test Circuitry Many EDM/JDM ECUs do not have this
Disable BARO Sensor Many EDM/JDM ECUs do not have this
Disable ELD
Disable O2 Heater Allows use of 1 wire O2 sensor or no O2 sensor if Closed Loop is disabled
Disable IACV Error For vehicles that don’t have an IACV hooked up
Disable IAB
IAB Activation RPM
MAP Sensor Support Support for a wide range of map sensors from stock up to 5 bar and beyond via custom map settings

*Extras
Service Input Allows you to change the service input to any other input or none at all. This frees up the service connector to be used as a switch for one of the other options. With "none" selected as the input, codes are shown with the car off key in the on position with the throttle over 65%
Clear Codes With The Brake Pedal If you wish to clear codes in memory you can press the brake pedal while checking your codes to clear them from memory
MIL Shiftlight Activates the MIL at the specified RPM
Adjustable Deceleration Fuel Cut Load and TPS dependent

I have tuned both uber and Neptune, You cant even compare the two. I think uber is better then the hondata s200 for sure. That is more of a fair comparison....
Old 12-26-2005, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats good info.
so what would I need to tune with Neptune?
how much the system cost?
where to buy it?
does it use the same socketing?
Old 12-26-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: (uglyasscivic)

Requires the same socketing, as far as I know you can only get it through a dealer, and costs a hell of a lot more than uberdata. Also the dealers are listed on the website, which has escaped my mind right now.

But in all honestly, it sounds like it is pretty pointless to even compare the two.

Uberdata works, and works well when you know how to use it. It has the essentials you need to tune a street car.

Neptune has more stuff to play with and is a more rounded program in all aspects.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rudebwoy)

http://www.hrtuning.com/

Great system from what I have heard from tuners and the developer.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

The RTP will be released, when I dont know, I know there is still some testing going on.

http://www.hrtuning.com/
Old 12-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Requires the same socketing, as far as I know you can only get it through a dealer, and costs a hell of a lot more than uberdata. Also the dealers are listed on the website, which has escaped my mind right now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

$500.00 - $650.00 for the system and tune isnt bad IMO. This is the general pricing I was getting when I inquired about the system.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Re: (0x64)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 0x64 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

$500.00 - $650.00 for the system and tune isnt bad IMO. This is the general pricing I was getting when I inquired about the system.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I do agree with that, definitley right there with hondata and the like, but a much better software.

But meaning more expensive in comparison to the other rom editors, but this is a lot different, so really no comparison again.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Uberdata vs. neptune ? (ILLICON5000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ILLICON5000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you are comparing some homemade junk to a professional product.. what do you think the differences are going to be?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sillycon, I've asked you before not to make statements about things you don't know anything about. Given the state of the aftermarket, making "professional" products out to be better than DIY freeware from skilled individuals... heh Sillycon

Blake, who wrote UD, is probably ten times smarter than most of the PGMFI crew. He had OBD1 boost code within a very short time from transitioning from cracking RS/R7 to Honduhs, something that elluded a number of fairly bright people who have since built up skills and are very competent. Keep in mind, aside from asking Christian for a few memory locations, he did it all himself. But, Blake's also erratic and lazy. Blake never took the effort to properly debug UD, it hasn't been updated in forever, he dropped off the face of the earth, and compared to other options currently available, I haven't run UD in a while and would recommend to others to look elsewhere.

Now, while B was being brilliant and erratic, James took around a year of dedicated closed door development to make Neptune. It is a solid product, and currently is the only Honduh-based EMS that correctly compensates larger injectors for cold startup/temps. He's done a really nice job of Neptune.

Now, I've gotten decent results from UD on RC 1100's, but it took a minute to fiddle low rpm low vacuum maps so the car would start and idle correctly. You can do the same with the latest variant of Crome, only since johncui performs bukkake on Crome and fixes it's problems and advances it regularly it should turn out heaps better in good hands.

It boils down to DIY vs pay for tuning. DIY mandates Crome, but if you want to pay for best results as things stand now --&gt; Neptune. Crome will have cold start corrections at some point. The fact you want to run 1600cc injectors right now... *shrug*. You probably want Neptune.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Uberdata vs. neptune ? (J. Davis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Blake never took the effort to properly debug UD, it hasn't been updated in forever, he dropped off the face of the earth</TD></TR></TABLE>

Spoke with him recently. New job and life in general keep him too busy to continue development on Uberdata like he once did.

Quick Reply: Uberdata vs. neptune ?