Notices

turbo'in the d

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo'in the d

alright to start off i have a 98 civic ex lightly modded now, i/h/e plugs and 10.3mm wires and im gunna boost it over the winter months whiel its parked. I knwo my basic about boost not real much, so im buying for the most part a complete kit and gunna add some thing not included in the kit heres what the kit comes with, im taking everything but the intercooler(already have one in the shed im going to use, anodized black!!) heres the list:

Equal length Stainless Steel tubular manifold
Garrett T3/T4 Turbo
35mm wastegate
50mm BOV (sylvia or RFL style )
Steel down pipe
Steel dump tube flange
All other flanges needed
All gaskets needed

ADDITIONAL UPGRADES:

INTERCOOLER KIT:
21 x 8 x 3.5 Polished intercooler
Complete Piping kit (polished)
Turbo style pipe connectors and reducers
stainless T-bolt clamps (not cheap hose clamps).

FUEL MANAGEMENT & OILING KIT:
Walbro 255 HF in tank fuel pump
Vortec FMU (fuel management unit)
Steel braided oil feed line with all fittings & connectors
oil return line with all fittings & connectors
"Missing link " map sensor bypass unit.

the place im picking this up from also offers injectors which i will be picking up, but what size, im planning on running about 7psi or 8 max, and i dont know which injector would best fit the application, do you guys suggest a fuel press. regualtor, ive talked to some ppl that say no some say yes?? which mangament do you suggest uberdata, hondata, greddy, have heard alot good things about all of them, but whats the easiest to use, ive been hearing uberdata and that what im leaning towards as of know, and wideband O2, good idea?? Im planning on doing this right the first time and as i get the kit on the car i plan on doing other upgrades to the motor, cam gear possibly matched up witht he zex stage 2 turbo cam. So let me knwo what you guys think would be the best setup to go with. Thanks for all your help in advance!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ditch the fmu and get uberdata/crome/hondata/etc. You will be much happier and so will your car. Other than that it looks good.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Civicman86)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civicman86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ditch the fmu and get uberdata/crome/hondata/etc. You will be much happier and so will your car. Other than that it looks good. </TD></TR></TABLE>

so from all the **** ive been reading fmu only controls fuel (duhhh) and uberdata or whatever i run and find to be easier controls A/F and timing?? am i correct and which wideband O2 woudl be best to go with AEM???
Old 09-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tuck'd98)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tuck’d98 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so from all the **** ive been reading fmu only controls fuel (duhhh) and uberdata or whatever i run and find to be easier controls A/F and timing?? am i correct and which wideband O2 woudl be best to go with AEM???</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah fmu blows. Any of the other programs I listed all have the ability to do AF and timing which is key. Some programs do more than others and some have functions that none of the rest have. But the main thing is the AF and timing.

They guy that tunes my car uses a PLX wideband. I will invest in the same when I get some more $$
Old 09-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Civicman86)

thanx thats what im looking for