Notices

Turboedit questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turboedit questions

I have a few questions about turboedit. The Romulator needed to run the program and plug into the ECU does it require modification to the ECU to use or is it a plug and go setup? I plan of running this with a D16A6 with Diy turbo kit with T25 and rebuilt bottom end. Can I easily manipulate the data myself or do I have to download special tunes for the setup? Any other advice about this type of setup would be great also, criticisms are welcome also. So any thing works so long as it helpful in some way.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Turboedit questions (D16A6T)

jason parker (the author of Turboedit I believe) is a moderator over at d-series.org. Check out this link:
http://www.d-series.org/viewforum.php?f=21

He is generally on the boards quite a bit and responds fast
Old 04-15-2004, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Turboedit questions (civic-4-ges)

turboedit is nice but it doesnt have near the features that uberdata has, i have been waiting and waiting for turboedit to make big steps but i havent had any luck with the software, so im switching my crx to obd1 and goin with uberdata...im sick of the hack and cant wait any longer for turboedit....They will eventually get everything working well, I hear that obd0 is harder to write than obd1, so its just a matter of time before they have everyting uberdata has to offer....
Old 04-15-2004, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Turboedit questions (TravSi)

I d/l and was playing around with the Uberdata software last night. There is definately a lot of features in it.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turboedit questions (TravSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TravSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">turboedit is nice but it doesnt have near the features that uberdata has, </TD></TR></TABLE>

Uberdata has a set of OBD1 plugs that TurboEdit does not, and that's about it. I've yet to get any of the newer Uberdata features, that you find so alluring, to work repeatably. Use the AC switch to set up a 4000 rpm FTL, 6500 FTS, and 8400 rev limit, and within 24 hours it doesn't work... AC button does nothing, and revlimit is stuck at 6500, resetting the ECU does nothing.

It's not worth the cost of the OBD1 dizzy and conversion harness, IMO. And, besides, TurboEdit will support ITBs soon. I just have to get the car together (11.7:1 CR ZC with cams and 8500 revlimit) and have Blundar tweak the code...
Old 04-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (calmweed)

I've used Uberdata successfully on any number of OBD1/2 cars, works great. I did not mean to bash it as a method to pursue - it's just not worth the hassle for an OBD0 car, period. When I run Uberdata on a car, however, the speshul features usually get disabled.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:51 PM

Default Re: (J. Davis)

I am not really worried about the special features, I just need to get the turbo to run fairly well without costing me a but load of money. So I saw turboedit as a viable alternative. How many of you really use turboedit? I just need to know what I need to run turboedit competently, without screwing up anything. Thanks for the advice though, I will look into the possibility of Uberdata.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Good, Bad…I'm the one with the gun

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Turboedit questions (J. Davis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

...TurboEdit will support ITBs soon. I just have to get the car together (11.7:1 CR ZC with cams and 8500 revlimit) and have Blundar tweak the code... </TD></TR></TABLE>

If you need another testing mule let me know, i have a 12:1CR A6 in the works with 929RR bodies, about two weeks away from firing.
stan
Old 04-16-2004, 02:51 PM

Default Re: (calmweed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by calmweed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I agree with J. Davis to a point. I would never ever convert OBD0 to OBD1. TurboEdit will do what needs to be done. Any other options are just icing on the cake. Regardless there is no reason to not use turboedit. If i was OBD0 i would use it in a second.

as for the knocks on Uberdata, FTL worked for me(but i didnt really check all the options b/c i dont give a **** about it).....

But regardless...the important parts of these editors are they are able to give you an expanded table to use as boost columns. If it does that well and your car doesnt idle like **** and have terrible hiccups thats all that maters.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Too bad it doesn't work for car with vtec and boost..
Old 04-29-2004, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (The Crow)

not YET... give us another month or two and a couple good beta testers... Vtec is no obstacle.

Current coding project = ITB stuff for J. Davis (And Stan D too, I guess )

OBD0 is quickly catching up in terms of usefulness.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (blundar)

What about 3 bar? That is the only reason im converting my hatchback project over to obd1. I need software that will work with a 3 bar reliably and I waited quite a while for uberdata to get the 3 bar about perfected. Turbo Edit has been looking pretty decent lately and would meet my needs otherwise. Plus I dont know if I have time to keep up with two different tuning software programs, following uberdata and testing all the updates keeps me busy enough .