Notices

turbo tuning..

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo tuning..

I have been reading up on turboing my d series for the last 3 months and i think im almost ready... I finally found this kit that includes
1.D series revhard manifold w/ceramic coating
2.custom 2.5" downpipe
3.Garret turbo 50 trim .48ar
4.Tial 50mm bov
5.custom intercooler piping kit for eg chassis
6.brand new yonaka motorsports type10 intercooler. dimensions 21x9x3 2.5" in/out
7.brand new fast turbo oil feed/return line kit
8.synapse missing link
9.vortec 12:1 fmu

Now what exacly elts do i need, i know a waste gate and some couplers and clamps, but is there anything elts....someone was telling me i need a tunning device and i kind of figured that but do not know what kind of device i need. I have a 99 civic with a d16y8 engine. The last guy i knew that was turbo on his 97 hatch just had a vtec controller boost controller and turbo timer... can someone please put me in the rite direction?
Old 04-11-2005, 07:32 AM

the fmu and missing link are not going to be good to run on your motor. there are countless threads on this site explaining why they are not suitable. look into getting hondata or uberdata or neptune. i know of a very reputable and good hondata/neptune tuner in illinois. to run that you will have to convert to obd1. i do not know of any uberdata tuners in illinois, but im sure there are some. whip factory in plainfield,il is the hondata/neptune tuner i was talking about. SuprDave on this forum, talk to him with questions.

for the hondata, you need to get the system with the boost option....look at hondata.com and it will tell you. search this site for information and you should be able to find all you need.

but you need to convert to obd1 and have your ecu chipped for the engine management system you will be using. you will also have to take it to have it tuned.

or if you use uberdata, you can tune on the street with a wideband 02 sensor. just search around on this site, or post any more of your specific questions in this thread and we should be able to help you out.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:21 AM

Default Re: (Turboaddict)

I can give you a full street tune with Uberdata. I live in missouri for school right now, but will be in chicagoland by mid may. PM me if interested (I have all the equipment too)