Notices

Which turbo kit do you prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which turbo kit do you prefer?

I was wondering which turbo kit that you guys prefer? Im going to be putting it on a ZC so it has to be for a SOHC or a ZC(if they make them specifically for the ZC). And can you show me the website with the cheapest prices on the kit that you like? Thanks guys.

Sean
Old 05-21-2002, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Which turbo kit do you prefer? (sCeRaXn)

Umm you forgot a big one. Apexi also makes a kit that I heard was kickass. Uses a ihi rx6 ball bearing turbo
Old 05-21-2002, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just get an equal length manifold and t4 turbo. Or maybe this

[Modified by 2K_TEG, 8:09 PM 5/21/2002]
Old 05-21-2002, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i heard vtec was like a turbo you should just get that
Old 05-21-2002, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Which turbo kit do you prefer? (dustin)

Advertising on honda-tech.com
Honda-Tech.com is a rapidly-growing Honda and Acura performance discussion board providing community and information to thousands of Honda and Acura owners. Honda-Tech.com attracts Honda/Acura enthusiast looking for information about making their cars perform better. Most posts involve questions about what Honda/Acura parts to purchase.
Our site statistics include a browsing user base of 200,000+ individuals and 11,000+ active members. With well over 350,000 hits a day, Honda-Tech.com is one of the most popular Honda/Acura information sites.

Dustin, a big part of these 350,000 hits and 11,000 members are newbies. I see that you don't include 'there are many newbies (that ask redundant questions, etc.) that help boost these numbers' in the above paragraphs. I've noticed posts from you that border on being 'mean spirited' and condescending and it is becoming quite disturbing considering you are the Administrator of Honda-Tech.com. I really value this page for all the knowledgeable members
that have a lot to offer. This page seems to be growing by leaps and bounds and I would hate to see it's great reputation ruined. I am also sometimes frustrated by repeat questions and non-search-function-users but people have to start somewhere and hopefully they become more forum savvy as time goes on. I don't mean this to sound like a personal attack but I just felt I needed to put in my .02 and I'm sure you get my point.

Thanks for the space,
John

[Modified by 1, 7:59 PM 5/21/2002]
Old 05-21-2002, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which turbo kit do you prefer? (1)

I apologize if you do not like my personality. You should be able to read into the humor in my reply.

Dustin
Old 05-21-2002, 07:09 PM

No apology necessary. I practice 'sarcastic irony' often myself, I just hope it doesn't become the
norm around here. I guess at my age (36) I have learned that it is best to try to help the younger or unlearned enthusiasts as much as I can.
Old 05-21-2002, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The intent wasn't to be condescending to the poster of this topic.. just to sort of offer the standard riceboy reply Most often it is to get a rise out of people who don't know me from anyone else on the site.

This particular topic has been soon often beat to death though....
(see https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=187342 )
Old 05-21-2002, 07:16 PM

This particular topic has been soon often beat to death though....
Yes, no doubt. Have fun at the G2 Teg meet next week. A lot of the members could benefit from
picking your brain.
Old 05-22-2002, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I heard VTEC won;t work with turbo, it has to be disabled otherwise the turbo won;t spool fast enough..
Old 05-22-2002, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Which turbo kit do you prefer? (Flamenco-t)

How can you ask a question like this when most people don't have the money to slap a different turbo kit on their car every other month? This kind of question spurs conflict.

Old 05-22-2002, 09:27 AM

Dustin, a big part of these 350,000 hits and 11,000 members are newbies. I see that you don't include 'there are many newbies (that ask redundant questions, etc.) that help boost these numbers' in the above paragraphs. I've noticed posts from you that border on being 'mean spirited' and condescending and it is becoming quite disturbing considering you are the Administrator of Honda-Tech.com. I really value this page for all the knowledgeable members
that have a lot to offer. This page seems to be growing by leaps and bounds and I would hate to see it's great reputation ruined. I am also sometimes frustrated by repeat questions and non-search-function-users but people have to start somewhere and hopefully they become more forum savvy as time goes on. I don't mean this to sound like a personal attack but I just felt I needed to put in my .02 and I'm sure you get my point.
Thanks John for the insight. This question has not only been covered before but it is entirely subjective on personal experience. How can one possibly know the characteristics of all turbo kits and compare them.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Advertising on honda-tech.com
Honda-Tech.com is a rapidly-growing Honda and Acura performance discussion board providing community and information to thousands of Honda and Acura owners. Honda-Tech.com attracts Honda/Acura enthusiast looking for information about making their cars perform better. Most posts involve questions about what Honda/Acura parts to purchase.
Our site statistics include a browsing user base of 200,000+ individuals and 11,000+ active members. With well over 350,000 hits a day, Honda-Tech.com is one of the most popular Honda/Acura information sites.

Thanks for the space,
John

[Modified by 1, 7:59 PM 5/21/2002]
I agree most need to start somewhere. . .it's called "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell.

People need to come with some backround knowledge.
Old 05-25-2002, 06:08 AM
New User

Default Re: Which turbo kit do you prefer? (94hondahybrid)

Full custom is a PITA, but it is worth all of the cursing in the end!
Old 05-25-2002, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which turbo kit do you prefer? (97CivicFerio)

Full custom is a PITA, but it is worth all of the cursing in the end!

Definatly custom thats what im doing

Rob
Old 05-25-2002, 06:57 AM
New User

Default Re: Which turbo kit do you prefer? (rjardy)

Hell yeah, good luck man. Let us know about your progress.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not 100% on how the board software/scripts work, but it would be really really good to make some locked threads of verified info that people can search or browse in order to answer their "newb" questions and clean up the board and make it alot more useable. I'm sure I've asked half a dozen questions that have been asked half a dozen times, myself. I guess the search function kinda does this, but it seems that people don't really use it as much as they should/could. Just a thought...
Old 06-11-2002, 04:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering which turbo kit that you guys prefer? Im going to be putting it on a ZC so it has to be for a SOHC or a ZC(if they make them specifically for the ZC). And can you show me the website with the cheapest prices on the kit that you like? Thanks guys.

I just did a Greddy kit on my ZC. You're looking at about $2000 to get it done, running, and not just thrown together. Search around for people's recomendations on how to route the oil feed line off of the back of the block no matter what kit you pick. The greddy kit at only 5lbs is pretty fun, but obvisouly could use more boost. The small turbo is great for everyday driving. The Greddy is far from the best that you listed, but its cheap, it bolts right up to the ZC and it does the trick.
Old 06-11-2002, 07:21 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Which turbo kit do you prefer? (therealciviczc)

go custom kit and just get new parts and custom pipes
Old 06-11-2002, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Which turbo kit do you prefer? (ion_four)

I'm not 100% on how the board software/scripts work, but it would be really really good to make some locked threads of verified info that people can search or browse in order to answer their "newb" questions and clean up the board and make it alot more useable. I'm sure I've asked half a dozen questions that have been asked half a dozen times, myself. I guess the search function kinda does this, but it seems that people don't really use it as much as they should/could. Just a thought...
http://midwestautofun.org/turbo/FAQ

WE still need help building this guys! come one it will help us ALL out in the long run!