Notices

Turbo install...having problems...help

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo install...having problems...help

The turbo installation is almost done, but a problem came up. Just the bov and the tuning left and I find out the flange that came with the Tial bov is aluminum. My IC piping is steel. The installer says he can't weld that together. I want my car back tomorrow because I need to use it tomorrow night. It's really my fault that I didn't notice the flange problem before. What can I do?

He says it will work without the bov. I don't know if he means there is a work around or something. Also someone mentioned that the Tial 50mm bov isn't good for a street car at all and recommends against putting it on. Is there a temporary solution to not have a bov and still have the car run for one or two days until I can get a steel flange for the Tial? I am desperate at this point. Can I just have him weld the bov directly to the IC piping without the flange? Thanks.
Old 06-13-2002, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Turbo install...having problems...help (Anubyss)

if u have the flange, and he is a good fabricator, he can make a flage from steel for you. Just use the measurements from the flange to make a new one.. if he cant do it, call around.. its a relativly simple process, once the flat part of the flange is created, it can simply be welded to a piece of tubing (or even some left overs from ur charge pipes if u have soem) and then welded to the pipe
Old 06-13-2002, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Turbo install...having problems...help (CustomCockpits)

It's time I am running out of. I will just run it for a day or two without the bov. Then put it on when I get the steel flange. I was told it would be fine for a short term. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo install...having problems...help (Anubyss)

You know, you can JB Weld it? What you do is, you cut a hole that is a PERFECT, tight fit for the flange. Then you shove the flange in. It has to be really tight! Then just JB weld around it and tada....

My friend did it to his and it looks so damn good and holding strong at 8 psi.