Notices

turbo help

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo help

Currentlly putting together a turbo kit. Do i need to tune it right away or will i be able to drive daily with just the turbo kit on it. Any help will be appriciated. Only asking because i'm starting to run low on money and i still have some other things to buy.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:25 PM

Default Re: turbo help (jdmhatch3)

I would never drive a boosted honda without having it tuned first. It is okay to drive slow and out of boost to get to the tuner though.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:26 PM
476 whp / 323 tq @ 17 PSI

Default Re: turbo help (jdmhatch3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmhatch3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Currentlly putting together a turbo kit. Do i need to tune it right away or will i be able to drive daily with just the turbo kit on it. Any help will be appriciated. Only asking because i'm starting to run low on money and i still have some other things to buy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the turbo will provide the extra air and you'll need to provide the extra fuel. for the car to safely run, you'll need to tune the ratio between the air and fuel. you might not see many problems at the beginning and your car will idle, but when your motor sees boost, it'll need to supply the extra fuel correctly or your car will lean out and your gunna need some more money. when planning out a turbo kit, the kit can not be put on until you have enough money for everything, you cant go half way and expect it to work, that'll run you into more problems. the turbo is bolted on but the lil things you dunt have doesn't make it complete. the accessories are the things that make a turbo car rele work. save up and get a tune right when the kit is bolted on. to help you out, get your fuel management here. CROME is free and invest your money towards the tune. oh yea, http://www.phearable.net/ provides chipping kits and basemaps for you to drive your car safely to the dyno. good luck!