Turbo compression HELP

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo compression HELP

Alright im trying to get this compression issue solved..im building an LS VTEC turbo setup. heres where im at.

ok, ive done more shopping and i went and found this ****
JE/SRP

ok so i go to c-speed comp calc and i choose 3 layer headgasket...and i choose b18a block, b16a head, i enter in the dome cc for the srp pistons just below the center of that pdf file part number 149214 piston set. its in the section that states "acura b18a/b ls/vtec b16a or *b18c1 head", the star being that the numbers will be slightly higher for the gsr head. now by their chart it is supposed to be 10.0:1, but the calc is giving me 9.7:1 which is actually what im kinda shooting for. what am i missing here....or how are they getting these numbers. even when i choose gsr head...i get 9.9:1. and then that actual piston set has the letter V which means suitable for nitrous, but not turbo, now i really dont get that deal. is it because its higher than the "recommended" compression for a turbo honda build? i know srp makes great pistons so are they the same its just what they are recommending? someone help me find the right piston, THANKS!!!