Notices

tuning issue or igniton????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 09:20 AM
I post fake dyno charts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning issue or igniton????????

i have a stock sleeves b18 with a b16 head... the car has been running flawlessly for about 2 1/2 years minus when i start and stop then car running errans the resisitor box would have trouble firing at 5% throttle and the car would kinda buck... i got the car repainted and the retarded painter ran te car until it was low low on gas and my fuel pump took a **** on me.. so i replaced the walboro 255hp with the holley 255hp and i had no problems until my tps clip broke at the top of fourth racing... luckily my engine didnt blow up since it was onyl getting fuel for idle... i fixed that and the car would run extremely lean (to the point my manifold glows with only a 1200 deg exhaust temp) but if i would shut the car off for about 5 min the car would run fine, and i drove it back to orlando... the car started out being able to run in my first 3 gears or 5th but 4th reason would always break up when i shift from 3rd to fourth( sounds like detonation) but theres black smoke... now the car as soon as boost comes on hard it breaks up or detonates... im replaceing the injecotr box tonight hoping that will be it but for some reason im not confident at all that this is the problem... ANY suggestions would help... btw the plus r changed every 150miles and havent thrown any codes since resetting my ecu... i was getting 43( fuel system malf)... but i cannt find any problems with the system....
Old 01-26-2006, 10:01 AM

Default Re: tuning issue or igniton???????? (redskittle)

Is there a question in that paragraph somewhere or are you writing a story?
Old 01-26-2006, 10:05 AM
I post fake dyno charts

Default Re: tuning issue or igniton???????? (beerbongskickass)

lol... im asking whether you think its the resisitor or a tuning issue... ive heard of hondata piggybacks going bad before and im hoping mine didnt... any suggestions on what the problem might be will be looked into...
Old 01-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ive never seen a hondata unit go bad...

ecu's yes, but never hondatas.

doubt its the resistor box either.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:21 AM
I post fake dyno charts

Default Re: tuning issue or igniton???????? (Mase)

yea i was thinking the same thing. ive pesonally only seen one hondata unit go bad but several ecu's and no resisitor box's... the plugs show the car is running incredibly rich... but what could cause this, not enough spark?
like i said the car has been running good for 21/2 years and the problems started when i changed the pump... it seems somewhat related but i cant find anything wrong with the system...
thanx mase... any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.. also will you be in orlando any time soon?
Old 01-27-2006, 08:06 AM
I post fake dyno charts

bump