Notices

Trouble of Profec B...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2002, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble of Profec B...

Today I went to performance shop to install the Profec B boost controller on my Turbo Civic.. I have Greddy TD04 with Greddy Ic.. I was very happy to buy boost controller and so the guy installed it for me... I can boost up to 10 pound of boost.. SO guess what... THe boost controll cant raise up the boost.. So what's wrong with it.. Is anybody have problem with this... Please help me... Thanks for help...
Old 05-05-2002, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Trouble of Profec B... (JDM EX)

either it was installed wrong or it is defective. check all the switches in the rear of the unit make sure they are set up right. check the lines.
Old 05-05-2002, 11:48 AM
New User

Default Re: Trouble of Profec B... (DRAGLS)

Thats why I stopped getting my parts installed at shops and started doing it myself. That dosent help you much but if you still have the install instructions look over how everything is installed and see if the installed did it right. From start to finninsh check everything, the pin switches in the back of the profec, the vacume lines from the actuator box thing and any other lines that he could have goofed up on. If you cant find anything wrong just bring it back to the guy and tell him he fucked up, or it does not work. (dont boost 10lbs on your motor or it will not last long)
Old 05-05-2002, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Trouble of Profec B... (dothemath)

check the switches in the back, makesure you have it set correctly..
dumb question, is the backlit light on ?
double check the vacuum lines from the wastegate to the black box and vice versa, make sure you have no pinch in the vacuum lines..

Old 05-05-2002, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Trouble of Profec B... (Flamenco-t)

Thanks for reply... I really appreciate for you telling me about what's wrong... Well the guy gonna call the Greddy company to find out the problem.. SO I have to call him to find out and he will double check my car again.. WEll how much boost should I can go... 8 or 9!!! Please dont think Im stupied of asking how much boost but I want to think smart.. Thanks