Notices

Torque topic how about weight!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque topic how about weight!

I am not into the import scene too too much my friends are an i love this forum i learn more an more everyday, 4 of the people in the town i live in drive civics with gsr engines in them, Like FWD has horrible weight transfer, look at RWD car you nail the gas an the car sits back on the rear axcels in FWD it is shot to the rear tires an then all the civics burn there tires up till 3-4gear... I was wondering why the import scene doesn't look at this topic more, plus must of them are going to turbo the cars an they already have enough hp/flbs to break traction what do any of you use to help you out with traction?
Old 07-02-2003, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Torque topic how about weight! (boostcontroller)

the import scene does and have been working on suspension fabricatons to allow better traction. The main reason why it dosen't come up here much is because for daily drivers your limited to X amount of what you can do to fabricate and modify your frame ect. Most people just simply get good coilover with decent spring rates and some adjustable shocks. LSD helps too as do slick.

I'll let the rest of the all out drag car owners comment on DRAG specific suspention.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:16 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Torque topic how about weight! (boostcontroller)

with a properly set up FWD you can go pretty fast out of the hole. never gonna be as fast as a RWD but you can still go fast. With good suspension to minimize wieght transfer, traction bars to eliminate wheel hop, and a good slick w/ LSD you can cut high 1.6-1.8 60's on a 100% street car. Pro cars these days are all cutting 1.3-1.4's, thats not too shabby. For the most part FWD's will be about 2/10ths off the 60' of a rwd w/ equal driving abilities. Also gotta keep in mind Nitto 555R's are pretty much stock on any fast domestic. Most honda guys won't run drag radials daily. The domestic crowd seems to understand the concept of a good tire much better then the import people. but just the same when those guys run stock tires like Michilan's or whatever their 60's are no better then ours.