Notices

Which throttle cable bracket to use

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which throttle cable bracket to use

Hey guys,
my intake is a victor X and stock b16 throttle body and Type R throttle cable....now I tried both throttle bracket the one that came with the Type R cable and the one that came with the intake manifold and none of them seem to be right! now I tried flipping both around to check , but the closest was the Type R bracket with a nice cable grip BUT with the cable was touching the 4th piston runner! I don’t want the cable rubbing when I accelerate and decelerate!

so does anybody have pics of their victor X manifold with a stock TB?

thanks,
Km
Old 01-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which throttle cable bracket to use (IntegraTypeR)

take the type r bracket, put one side of it in a vice and fold the tab that is sticking out in the opposite direction with a hammer or pliers. works perfect every time.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which throttle cable bracket to use (speedworks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by speedworks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">take the type r bracket, put one side of it in a vice and fold the tab that is sticking out in the opposite direction with a hammer or pliers. works perfect every time. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the idea, but i already thought about using the P73 bracket, but no luck....i even put long bolts and used like 3 washers under the bracket and still there was a slight rub on the 4th runner!

well actually i solved the problem i modified the Victor X bracket using a vice and had to make like 2 mild bends with a 3rd bend at the fork area! its good now!

thanks for your concerns here

the cable should be tight enough not opening the throttle right? the helms says like 6-12 mm play? am not sure if its that important, but should i just look for that nice grip without the throttle opening?