Notices

Those who are using Defi-LInk gauges.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 08:03 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: 99th level of hell, where all roads only go straight, where curves go to die. Houston Texas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those who are using Defi-LInk gauges.

Everytime I set my warning levels, once I turn the car completely off, the warning settings go back to default.

For ex. Default warning setting for boost is 15psi, I set it to 5.5 since I'm only running 5psi, I want to know if I'm over boosting right? But once I turn off the car, it goes back to 15psi.

Is there no way around this? Or is there a way I can set the warning lights permenatly ????
Old 05-31-2003, 08:08 PM
I am a bad person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Those who are using Defi-LInk gauges. (Snafu-Si)

which version link box are you using?? there was a defect/recall in the older units according to defi. if it doesnt look like this one then its the older one and I had the same issue.

Old 05-31-2003, 08:11 PM

that sounds like an awesome feature.. I want it. Does greddy or any other decent boost gauge have any kinda warning feature?

And how much did u pay for ur defi gauges setup?
Old 05-31-2003, 08:15 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: 99th level of hell, where all roads only go straight, where curves go to die. Houston Texas
Default Re: Those who are using Defi-LInk gauges. (MotorMatrix.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MotorMatrix.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">which version link box are you using?? there was a defect/recall in the older units according to defi. if it doesnt look like this one then its the older one and I had the same issue.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

My until doen'st look like that at all, it isn't horizontal, it's vertical, but has the same buttons.
I am a bad person

Default Re: Those who are using Defi-LInk gauges. (drjondurst)

greddy has warning meters but none are as nice as the defi's. check for defi pricing at godspeed.hack.net. thats where i bought mine when i had the defi's. they arent cheap!!
len
Honda-Tech Member

If it is not a defective unit, make sure you are wiring it to a 12-volt continuous connection. This reminds me of a Sony CD Player I wired wrong and I would have to adjust settings all the time because once power was removed from it, the memory on the CD Player was erased.

Just a thought.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:16 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Those who are using Defi-LInk gauges. (drjondurst)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drjondurst &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that sounds like an awesome feature.. I want it. Does greddy or any other decent boost gauge have any kinda warning feature?

And how much did u pay for ur defi gauges setup?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Greddy does, just make sure you get the ones that have it. They are of course, more expensive though.

Blitz gauges also have it, but they are EXTREMELY expensive, like... $250-$285 per gauge expensive!
Old 05-31-2003, 08:18 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Those who are using Defi-LInk gauges. (len)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by len &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If it is not a defective unit, make sure you are wiring it to a 12-volt continuous connection. This reminds me of a Sony CD Player I wired wrong and I would have to adjust settings all the time because once power was removed from it, the memory on the CD Player was erased.

Just a thought. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't install my own gauges, I had somebody do it for me, I have no idea where I would look first.

I'm horrible when it comes to wiring.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:21 PM
I am a bad person

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Snafu-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My until doen'st look like that at all, it isn't horizontal, it's vertical, but has the same buttons. </TD></TR></TABLE>

then ist the older one like mine and it will not hold the settings even if its wired to a 12v continuous power source.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:35 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MotorMatrix.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

then ist the older one like mine and it will not hold the settings even if its wired to a 12v continuous power source.</TD></TR></TABLE>

DAG NABIT!!!!!! **** ME!!! FOOOOOK MEEEEEE!!!!!

Here's a really fuzzy pic of my gauges, you can vaugly see it next to my gauges on the left. Is taht the one that you also have too? the vertical DEFI link unit?
Old 05-31-2003, 08:39 PM
I am a bad person

cant see it but the gauges are the same version. mine was vertical positioned also. I will guarantee its the same one and you have the same issue.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:43 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

can you see them now?

This is a pic when I first installing them when My interior was in a thousand peices.

If this is so the case, is there a way I can fix this problem? A new unit I can pick up? would it just simply plug in a and play? Or am I pretty much just screwed?

I mean, i't snot a BIG deal, it's not that hard for me to reset my warning levels when I turn on my car anyway, considering that I ALWAYS give my car a 5 min warmup before I drive, it's gives me time to fiddle with my guages.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:48 PM
I am a bad person

I think you can get the newer unit and plug it right up. I'm not 100% sure though.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:51 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

All of the new link setups are made by Defi or it's manufacturing site. Apexi purchased the rights to use the system and Greddy followed suit eventghough they released their own version of the link 5 years ago. HKS just released their camel's butt ugly version of the link called "DB meter chrono". Back to the topic, the version 2 controller is also backlit with the function buttons arranged better. You might want to contact Defi USA in hopes that they will upgrade you for free. If they do I have a version 1 controller that is taking up space in my closet. It never exhibited any memory problems.

Greddy SM integrate system but the AF meter has yet to be added.

Apexi EL meter II.

Old 05-31-2003, 08:58 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Those who are using Defi-LInk gauges. (Dee)

How do I contact Defi USA?? I dont' have their website (if any) or their address or anything.
Old 05-31-2003, 09:08 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

I didn't find Defi USA but I did find the Defi-shop engrish site. Sorry, I couldn't resist using an "r" instead of an "l".
Old 05-31-2003, 09:26 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

****.. I want to TALK to a represenative but... I don't speak Japanese!!! That and I need to call them during their time zone..

I could see me calling japan right now....

"Mooshi Mooshi!!!"
"uh... ..hello? Do you speak engrish?"
"...... huh???? MOOSHI!! MOOOOOSHI!?!?!"
"... ... Let's see.. what do I say??? Umm.... Koko Ni eigo wa hanamas ka?... Um..you guys sold me some fucked up control unit, can I have the new one for free please???"
"BAKA!!!!! CLICK!!"
"......doh........"

I know a little japanese, very little, stuff I learn watching anime.
Old 05-31-2003, 09:39 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

baka.....bwahahahahaha

&lt;North America distributors&gt;
Sharp Precision Instruments, Inc.
Hubie Fuh(Mr.)
SPI POWEREXCEL
2 Industrial Drive, Unit F
Cliffwood Beach, New Jersey 07735
U.S.A.
Tel: 1-732-290-2213
Fax: 1-732-290-3093
URL: http://www.spipowerexcel.com
E-mail: info@spipowerexcel.com

EDO PERFORMANCE LLC
Edwin Tang(Mr.)
401 Little Texas Ln #1223
Austin Texas 78745
U.S.A.
Tel & Fax: 1-512-462-0125
URL: http://www.edoperformance.com
E-mail: info@edoperformance
Old 05-31-2003, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Snafu-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">****.. I want to TALK to a represenative but... I don't speak Japanese!!! That and I need to call them during their time zone..

I could see me calling japan right now....

"Mooshi Mooshi!!!"
"uh... ..hello? Do you speak engrish?"
"...... huh???? MOOSHI!! MOOOOOSHI!?!?!"
"... ... Let's see.. what do I say??? Umm.... Koko Ni eigo wa hanamas ka?... Um..you guys sold me some fucked up control unit, can I have the new one for free please???"
"BAKA!!!!! CLICK!!"
"......doh........"

I know a little japanese, very little, stuff I learn watching anime.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

ROFL!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2003, 10:46 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Snafu-Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Everytime I set my warning levels, once I turn the car completely off, the warning settings go back to default.

For ex. Default warning setting for boost is 15psi, I set it to 5.5 since I'm only running 5psi, I want to know if I'm over boosting right? But once I turn off the car, it goes back to 15psi.

Is there no way around this? Or is there a way I can set the warning lights permenatly ???? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have the defi control unit V1 and i have the same problem... my default warning point is set to 1 bar on my boost gauge. I dont know if the v2 unit addresses this but i have to set the warning point every time i start my car.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:53 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Those who are using Defi-LInk gauges. (Civtek)

I have the V2 unit and I haven't had any problems I upgraded from V1 because I wanted the backlit panel for night use.
Old 05-31-2003, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Those who are using Defi-LInk gauges. (MachAF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MachAF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ROFL!!!!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: after the

"soo desu ne?".... "You buy new control, you call here for 4hr. you buy now!!!!"
Old 06-01-2003, 07:19 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have the V2 unit and I haven't had any problems I upgraded from V1 because I wanted the backlit panel for night use.</TD></TR></TABLE>

when you bought the new control unit, was it simply plug and play? Did any modification need to be done or did you simply just plug in the new one?
Old 06-10-2003, 03:39 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Those who are using Defi-LInk gauges. (CRXRageD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXRageD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: after the

"soo desu ne?".... "You buy new control, you call here for 4hr. you buy now!!!!" </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey, isn't that Keitaro form Love hina? Not sure, only started watching it last night.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:08 AM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Going from V1 to V2 is plug and play.

Quick Reply: Those who are using Defi-LInk gauges.