Notices

These rods any good?

Old 02-08-2009, 03:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default These rods any good?

Hi all

Seen these for sale, huge application list etc... Look very like Eagle ESP's TBH. Have a look and let me know what you think. Thinking of some for my GSR build.

www.maxspeedingrods.com

Cheers Marc
Old 02-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: These rods any good?

There are lots of Chinese factories making rods like these.They will put any name you want on them.When I was at the PRI show years ago there were several people walking around with samples looking for someone to distribute them.
The Eagle rods are as cheap a rod as i would trust.They work closely with the factory making the forgings and actually inspect their rods.
It's easy to say your rods are this and that because who is really going the check.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NJIN BUILDR
There are lots of Chinese factories making rods like these.They will put any name you want on them.When I was at the PRI show years ago there were several people walking around with samples looking for someone to distribute them.
The Eagle rods are as cheap a rod as i would trust.They work closely with the factory making the forgings and actually inspect their rods.
It's easy to say your rods are this and that because who is really going the check.
Good info!

stick with eagles
Old 02-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the problem is his location. I'd be willing to bet the company is based in the US, despite the fact they offer rods for most Euro makes.

Stick to Eagles; you'll just have to find someone who will ship 'across the drink' w/o costing an arm and a leg.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HiProfile
I think the problem is his location. I'd be willing to bet the company is based in the US, despite the fact they offer rods for most Euro makes.

Stick to Eagles; you'll just have to find someone who will ship 'across the drink' w/o costing an arm and a leg.

Yea cheers dude, ESP's are $380 shipped. TBH im not sure whether to just leave my GSR motor stock for now after some of the stuff iv read on here. Only done 90k miles, very clean engine. I wanted 300 (uk) WHP but need it to last. LOL Its a lot of effort to build it for 300whp and from what u guys report i may not need to. Just dont want to break the engine. Need it to last 12 months/10k miles before i pull it TBH.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

300 hp on stock gsr rods is not a problem.I'm doing that on ls rods and the gsr rods are a lot stronger.The pistons may be your weak point.I would just put a forged piston on the stock rods for your deal.