Notices

Techedge Install Question ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Techedge Install Question ...

Just wanted to know how you guys installed your WB02. I only have 1 oxygen sensor in my car, and i'd prefer not to have to weld in another bung. I know the WB02 has a narrow band simulation output, but how do you guys hook that up to your computer so it still receives a narrow band signal?

Thanks
Old 10-15-2003, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Techedge Install Question ... (kungfuSiR)

You have only 1 option, and thats to goto a muffler shop and have them put another bung in before the cat for your wideband, it only cost like $20 to get done....
Old 10-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Techedge Install Question ... (shadowdawn)

So then what is the narrowband simulation wire for on the WBO2?
Old 10-15-2003, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Techedge Install Question ... (shadowdawn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shadowdawn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You have only 1 option, and thats to goto a muffler shop and have them put another bung in before the cat for your wideband, it only cost like $20 to get done....</TD></TR></TABLE>

incorrect.....

assuming you have the TE version 1.5 or higher, it will have a simulated narrow band output. all you have to do is feed this signal to the correct pin on your ECU. consult a helms for the correct pin...i only know my OBD-0
Old 10-15-2003, 04:37 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: Techedge Install Question ... (kungfuSiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kungfuSiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So then what is the narrowband simulation wire for on the WBO2?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you can hook this up.

i highly recommend going to http://www.techedge.com.au and spend an hour reading about your unit. you should be able to figure it out. search for the narrowband circuit in the schematics.

also, if you're going to do this, you need to be aware that you might be able to calibrate the narrowband output. that would be a good thing to do.

the only person i will let touch any car parts with a welder is too far away so i hope to just use 1 o2 sensor.

i built my techedge 1.0 and i am thinking about building their narrowband circuit on a separate board, since i have the same issue right now.

Old 10-15-2003, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Techedge Install Question ... (falconGSR)

Im using it...and if it's a techedge 1.5 you can simulate the narrowband output with it. Use the orange wire (all of this is for the 1.5) for the positive narrowband signal and the wire beside it for the negative signal wire. Other than that...I had to ziptie my old 02 up under the hood so I would'nt throw a 02 heater code. Anybody have any idea what size resistor I need?? Thanks a ton. I tried a 33 ohm one and it got so hot I had to pull it off...and the stock sensor says it goes from 10-40 ohms.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Techedge Install Question ... (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im using it...and if it's a techedge 1.5 you can simulate the narrowband output with it. Use the orange wire (all of this is for the 1.5) for the positive narrowband signal and the wire beside it for the negative signal wire. Other than that...I had to ziptie my old 02 up under the hood so I would'nt throw a 02 heater code. Anybody have any idea what size resistor I need?? Thanks a ton. I tried a 33 ohm one and it got so hot I had to pull it off...and the stock sensor says it goes from 10-40 ohms. </TD></TR></TABLE>

use an ohm meter to see what resistance you old heater is, then use that sized resistor. if it was over heating, its probably because it wasnt rated at a high enough wattage. either get a higher wattage resistor, or double the value and hook two in parallel (this will double the wattage but keep it at the original resistance).
Old 10-15-2003, 06:55 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: Techedge Install Question ... (keebler65)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by keebler65 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

use an ohm meter to see what resistance you old heater is, then use that sized resistor. if it was over heating, its probably because it wasnt rated at a high enough wattage. either get a higher wattage resistor, or double the value and hook two in parallel (this will double the wattage but keep it at the original resistance).</TD></TR></TABLE>

get a few of those fat 1watt 10-40ohm resistors from radioshack. they are like 1.5" long with white a square body. put some in series/parallel to get desired value.