Notices

switching sark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default switching sark plugs

i went back to fully stock from being t-charged. well i left in the the same spark plugs that i used when i was boosted (ngk bkr7e). it feels that the car doesent have the same pep as before it was turboed but that just may be im used to the turbo and everything else feels slower. would it be beneficial in anyway to use plugs the car calls for or does it not make a difference?
Old 02-11-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: switching sark plugs (playahwitgame)

i'm guessing a little bit of both. You should definately get normal coldness spark plugs and gap them to normal gap (.044). But your used to it being pretty fast and now its just any ol 4 cyl.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: switching sark plugs (spoolin_teg)

I had this exact problem a couple weeks ago, I took out the 7's and put OE's in and it felt 100% better. I was tripping out lol
Old 02-11-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: switching sark plugs (ProjectDarkBlack)

i want my **** on so bad again. im feeling inadequate for the roads. i like turbo.... sorry to rant. so it will make a difference. ill just probably get the iridiums i guess.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: switching sark plugs (playahwitgame)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by playahwitgame &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i want my **** on so bad again. im feeling inadequate for the roads. i like turbo.... sorry to rant. so it will make a difference. ill just probably get the iridiums i guess. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know what you mean, I am about to start a support group. Here is my myspace blog I posted this weekend :-P :

faaaaawwkk that thing was so much fun. Highway 1 with an Integra with close to 300 brake horsepower is sex.

Memories: (all took place on The Isle of Man, where there are no speed limits)

1. "Dude Your car has no brakess!!!" my dyno tuner taking me out on a "test drive" thinking we were going to wreck.
2. "WHhhooaoaoaaa slow down" first time on high boost. I was spinning really bad all the way through second gear.
3. "Kyllleee not so fast" took my mom for a ride on the boulevard on low boost
4. "******! SLOW THE expletive DOWN!" some dude got scared when I spooled up, the open wastegate dump is really really loud.
5. My friend in a brand new 2006 WRX STi flipping me off after I walked away in 3rd gear.
6. Running through a couple gears, about to shift in to fifth, look down and realize in those few seconds I had already hit 115mph. Oops ha ha.
7. "Holy ****!" taking ryan out for a 3rd/4th gear pull
8. Passing multiple trucks in seconds

It was 2 years in the making, I only got to run it for 9 months though. I drove it 3-5 days out of the weeks usually though. I had to take everything off. Smog, it was extremely illegal (the modifications were), it was theft target, and my piston rings were getting pretty tired. Now I have a stock atmospheric integra that burns oil :-/

Should I:

1. Get a 98-00 BMW Z3/M Coupe, and a Yamaha YZ250F and call it a day?
2. Get an E36 M3, or Camaro/Mustang GT and keep my CRX, swap an integra motor in to it with some forged pistons and rods, and a GT2871rs, run 11s, and get the motorcycle?

I hate having slow cars....