Notices

supercharger vs. turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharger vs. turbo?

alright i'm sure something of this sort has been posted before but oh well....

i wanted to go the supercharger route but people are telling me to go turbo. Now i want to know what advantages and disadvantages one has compared to the other.
Old 09-29-2002, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: supercharger vs. turbo? (dingusjt)

there's plenty of info in the Search feature.. remember to switch to archived topics
Old 09-29-2002, 08:09 AM

SEARCH. There are 500,000 posts on this topic. Really.

SC=Torque throughout. Reliability. Sounds neat. Good Auto-X.
Turbo=Fast. Good dragstrip. Sounds neat.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: supercharger vs. turbo? (96IntegraRS)

SC=Torque throughout. Reliability. Sounds neat. Good Auto-X.
Turbo=Fast. Good dragstrip. Sounds neat.
Why isn't there reliability under the Turbo part too? The key is tuning, and the turbo can be just as reliable; it just a little more work which isn't looked upon by the lazy peoples .

Turbo=Fast. Reliable if tuned correctly. Sounds AWESOME. More options (As far as matching WG's w/mani's, Turbo housings, tuning). Easier to change boost levels. More fun

Seriously though, use the Search button.

jB
Old 09-29-2002, 12:15 PM
New User

Default Re: supercharger vs. turbo? (PeloTudo AKA Gringo)

easy. get a turbo. end of discussion.
Old 09-29-2002, 02:40 PM

Default Re: supercharger vs. turbo? (jinxproof99)

easy. get a turbo. end of discussion.
Couldn't put it better myslef. You could search all you want and read anything all day but no matter what Turbo is the answer
Old 09-29-2002, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought the supercharger and i would never give it up for a turbo setup . Its all i wanted. Torque to carry that heavy *** prelude. has a 100,000 mile warranty, and a whining sound that chicks dig while in my car. I am getting higher boost and engine managment soon shooting for 275whp.

To all Forced induction done correctly!!
Old 09-29-2002, 03:46 PM
New User

Default Re: supercharger vs. turbo? (NCH22driver)

boost
Old 09-29-2002, 03:47 PM

eheheh Boost!!!

The Prelude/blower setup is and yep, the warranty helped me out considerably (only downside is 100,000 2 years, which I'm over)

Point: Boost is where it's at. Well said.
Old 09-29-2002, 03:50 PM

I bought the supercharger and i would never give it up for a turbo setup . Its all i wanted. Torque to carry that heavy *** prelude. has a 100,000 mile warranty, and a whining sound that chicks dig while in my car. I am getting higher boost and engine managment soon shooting for 275whp.

To all Forced induction done correctly!!
Not trying to be offensive. But I am just saying if you want a lot of power go turbo if you want moderate power that is not that much room to add more than go SC. I mean 275 hp is a decent number for an H22 motor but its not a good number if it was turbocharged, but for SC that is very good. Girls like blow off valves more haha

[Modified by Elite Hatch, 7:51 PM 9/29/2002]
Old 09-29-2002, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: supercharger vs. turbo? (Elite Hatch)

I didn't buy my prelude to make it into a drag car. I just wanted to have a quick car that looked really nice and thats what i have. Its all up to what you want out
of your car. People don't have to like it. Just as long as you do thats all that matters I want some cheese with my whine!
Old 09-30-2002, 12:16 AM

I hate these topics because they NEVER EVER EVER include what the **** they want out of their car..... MABYE just mabye if you told us what EXACTLY you wanted to do with you car, hp goals, drag, autox, faster daily, streetable, race car, etc what you want in detail we could help point you in the right direction....

But don't take my post as an attack on you as we were all new at one point, I just get frustrated that details and goals are never included nuff said
Old 09-30-2002, 01:29 AM

Default Re: supercharger vs. turbo? (shadowdawn)

from what i've seen...

superchargers... great way to spend 3000 dollars and find out your car is still slow...

at famoso, this kid in his supercharged gsr was telling me how retarded i was to turbocharged my gsr, and what a waste of money turbos are(they are, but for different reasons)... he had a jackson racing blower, some header, exhaust and some other hogwash... i didn't really care too much, he was talking too much, and he insisted we line up. this was my 01 gsr, with DragIII kit at 7psi, everything else was stock.
( don't remember exact mph, this was about a while back)
Run #1
me: 14.3@101 ...super gay 60 ft
him: 14.9@??? ... gay 60 ft, but not as bad as mine i remember
his response "**** i had no traction, too much torque for me, lets go again"
his friends response "yeah man his tires were spinning like crazy"

Run #2
me: 13.8@102 or 3 ...oops, go me
him: 14.8@??? ...hehe
his response "whatever at least my car's like 10 times more reliable than yours"

maybe he's right, but his car is still slow as *****

[Modified by Ruckus138, 10:30 AM 9/30/2002]
Old 09-30-2002, 02:10 AM
New User

Default Re: supercharger vs. turbo? (96IntegraRS)

SEARCH. There are 500,000 posts on this topic. Really.
Actually I think there are a few more than that if you do an archived search.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:30 AM

Default Re: supercharger vs. turbo? (degradated)

alright i've seen all the info i need so this post can be locked or deleted or whatever, thanks guys.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:34 AM

Everyday car= No turbo i say JRSC
Not everyday car= TURBO that ****!!!!!
Old 09-30-2002, 07:50 AM

Well it also depends on how much you are willing to spend. If you want to go for speed, you should go for the turbo and pay more. If you want a decent amount of speed then go for the JRSC. I REALLY want the Drag 4 Turbo kit, butI can't afford it just yet, so I'm going to buy the JRSC first then when i save more money in the future, I'll buy the turbo...that is if I haven't sold it or invest it in my next car.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:09 AM

Default Re: supercharger vs. turbo? (kidaniel)

turbo....turbo....turbo.....
Old 09-30-2002, 09:14 AM

Default Re: supercharger vs. turbo? (Acronym)

Everyday car= No turbo i say JRSC
Not everyday car= TURBO that ****!!!!!
f that, turbo your everyday car and dont skimp on the parts / maintenance.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

another new thread on this!!!!

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o