Notices

supercharger on 2000 si

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharger on 2000 si

does anybody have a jackson racing supercarger on an 2000 civic si, and if so how much power did u make? thanx
Old 09-24-2006, 01:55 PM

Default Re: supercharger on 2000 si (b16hb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16hb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does anybody have a jackson racing supercarger on an 2000 civic si, and if so how much power did u make? thanx</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.jacksonracing.com

Most people with a JRSC made exactly what it says on the site. Around 195ish to the wheels at 7 psi. Good for a torquey powerband all the way around. Not the best route for power gains vs a turbo at 7 psi. But still not bad at all.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:07 PM

Default Re: supercharger on 2000 si (2000EM1)

nice to know thanks for the info.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: supercharger on 2000 si (b16hb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2000EM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

http://www.jacksonracing.com

Most people with a JRSC made exactly what it says on the site. Around 195ish to the wheels at 7 psi. Good for a torquey powerband all the way around. Not the best route for power gains vs a turbo at 7 psi. But still not bad at all.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lets not forget more reliability with a supercharger.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:22 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: supercharger on 2000 si (Nameless Warrior)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nameless Warrior &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lets not forget more reliability with a supercharger.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Uhmmm, no. It's all in tuning.
PLus, jackson chargers are notorious for causing tip-in detonation. Bad juju.
Plus, those 180+ degree intake temps suck ***.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:32 PM

Default Re: supercharger on 2000 si (IslandSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IslandSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Uhmmm, no. It's all in tuning.
PLus, jackson chargers are notorious for causing tip-in detonation. Bad juju.
Plus, those 180+ degree intake temps suck ***.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, because intercoolers can't be mated to a JRSC setup.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:37 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2000EM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, because intercoolers can't be mated to a JRSC setup.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Somebody rigged up an air to water setup before and tried to get Jackson to sign off on it. I think they told him to go to hell or something. From what his numbers showed though, the thing did wonders for dropping intake temps.
I'll still take my air to air intercooler on my turbo setup over a JRSC anyday though.
Boost controller **** &gt; changing pullies and belts
Old 09-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There are intercoolers for the Jackson chargers, you guys need to read up before you start bashing on them.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zero...73381
Old 09-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ZacCarter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZacCarter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/zero...73381</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZacCarter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There are intercoolers for the Jackson chargers, you guys need to read up before you start bashing on them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good call...

To the rest of the idiots... WAaaA wAAaa wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 09-24-2006, 06:55 PM

Default Re: (Nameless Warrior)

Anything you need to know about jrsc's is on that thread. Superchargers are very fun and reliable
Old 09-24-2006, 08:07 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: supercharger on 2000 si (ZacCarter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZacCarter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There are intercoolers for the Jackson chargers, you guys need to read up before you start bashing on them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, at the time I was shopping for some form of FI for my EM1 there wasn't one available. I quit looking at JR after I found that out.

JR is a good way to go if you just want an extra 50 HP or so to give your car a little extra go. The reason most people would rather go with a turbo setup is because there's more potential. It's easy to go in and jack up the boost on a turbo setup when you want to and turn it back down just as far. Not possible with a blower that's belt driven. You install your new pulley and belt and you're stuck with that until you decided to spend another 45 minutes changing out pulleys.
No thanks.

If you're going to daily drive it to the grocery store and back with an occasional "get up and go", by all means, go for the JRSC.

If you want to leave your options open and be able to make more power relatively easily, go for the turbo. You won't be sorry.

As far as a SC being more reliable.....whatever. I'll bet you any amount of money that a properly installed and tuned turbo system will last as long, if not outlast, a supercharger.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:56 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IslandSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, at the time I was shopping for some form of FI for my EM1 there wasn't one available. I quit looking at JR after I found that out.

JR is a good way to go if you just want an extra 50 HP or so to give your car a little extra go. The reason most people would rather go with a turbo setup is because there's more potential. It's easy to go in and jack up the boost on a turbo setup when you want to and turn it back down just as far. Not possible with a blower that's belt driven. You install your new pulley and belt and you're stuck with that until you decided to spend another 45 minutes changing out pulleys.
No thanks.

If you're going to daily drive it to the grocery store and back with an occasional "get up and go", by all means, go for the JRSC.

If you want to leave your options open and be able to make more power relatively easily, go for the turbo. You won't be sorry.

As far as a SC being more reliable.....whatever. I'll bet you any amount of money that a properly installed and tuned turbo system will last as long, if not outlast, a supercharger.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not going to get into a debate about which one will last longer, but an SC has parts just like a TC... and as long as both are well taken care of as is the engine itself, they will both last a LONG time. In fact, you'd probably get sick of either setup before the setup breaks.

Turbo's also give you the headache of tuning through the power band and making sure a lean A/F ratio and boost spike don't become your engine's worst enemy.

Swapping a pulley really isn't recommended, a JRSC (roots blower) doesn't take well to more than 10 psi being pumped through it. I have seen the teeth breaking apart at 12 psi on a JRSC.

I'd like to have full boost through the RPM band without having to keep a continual eye on my a/f and boost gauges.

Both are going to be a PITA to install and tune, it's just what someone wants. So for the love of it all, quit simply downplaying it because you didn't think it was the optimal option for your FI needs.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:41 PM

Default Re: supercharger on 2000 si (moops vs moors)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by moops vs moors &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sounds more like a defective unit....the blower unit isn't under pressure, a blower just stacks air against the intake valves, it only pressurizes the air because the air backs up between the blower and engine, the engine can't take in all the air it is blowing at once.

IMHO the only eaton blower worth anything is the M62 on any honda. If you properly port an M45 it can flow pretty well and you can increase the efficiency (still nowhere near as good as even a non-intercooled turbo)

but even after all that, JRSC DO have their place, but it's not under my hood. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's because of the size of the pulley and the speed of the teeth. Centrifugal force &gt; JRSC teeth.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You don't know what you are talking about. Unless you are overspinning the blower i doubt this would happen.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:36 PM

Default Re: supercharger on 2000 si (ZacCarter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZacCarter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You don't know what you are talking about. Unless you are overspinning the blower i doubt this would happen.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yet, you don't know what you're talking about and try to debate me... kind of ironic how the BS caller is full of BS?

Just do yourself a favor and shutup now. Thanks.

I guess teeth coming apart with a 12 psi pulley hasn't ever happened.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:28 AM

Default Re: supercharger on 2000 si (moops vs moors)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by moops vs moors &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just wondering....I just took my JRSC to my dentist to check the teeth, but there aren't any teeth in sight. What teeth do you speak of? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Never seen the insides of a roots blower, have you?

Helical gear TEETH, kind of like those found in your transmission.