Notices

Supercharge or TurboCharge

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharge or TurboCharge

I am thing about Supercharging my 2k acura integra GSR What are your Opinions on whats better Super or Turbo ??? Pros and Cons ????
Old 01-18-2004, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Supercharge or TurboCharge (v0d0o)

superchargers LOL
Old 01-18-2004, 02:26 PM

This topic has been beaten to death please search.

TURBO OWNZZZZZ
Old 01-18-2004, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Supercharge or TurboCharge (94gsr4dr)

turbo

next time consider using the search option.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

supercharger for instant boost,
turbo for more power, plus a bit more efficent since it uses wasted exhaust gass to power the turbine

honestly with the technology in turbos lately, if you do your research and size your turbo right, you can get a turbo that spools nearly as quick as a super charger, plus aint nuffin wrong with a little lag, it may save your tires
Old 01-18-2004, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

BAMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enough said
Old 01-18-2004, 02:49 PM

Both are 100% viable options. I kick many turbocharged Hondas *** with my Vortech... And it still has advantages over a turbo.

From a pure race point of view, the turbo would have an advantage due to greater midrange power thus faster acceleration assuming you have the traction to put that power down.

From a pure reliability / streetable factor, a supercharger is typicaly far more reliable and streetable as power doesnt come on unexpected.

Personaly, both are good options. Just weigh the factors and decide how much racing / street driving you do and go from there.
Old 01-18-2004, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Supercharge or TurboCharge (ClubSiRacer)

Your vortech doesnt count as a supercharger, its an infinitely laggy parasitic THING. So plz leave it out of this discussion k, plz, thx
Old 01-18-2004, 03:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ClubSiRacer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as power doesnt come on unexpected.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

all hail the ignorant!
Old 01-18-2004, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Supercharge or TurboCharge (lazerus)

I choose the JRSC because i could install it myself, there are plenty of used ones around, and there more reliable. I was always afraid i would blow my engine if i tried to install a turbo myself because i have limited knowledge.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Screw you guys, I'm... going... home.

Default Re: Supercharge or TurboCharge (Buraku)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Buraku &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your vortech doesnt count as a supercharger, its an infinitely laggy parasitic THING. So plz leave it out of this discussion k, plz, thx</TD></TR></TABLE>

Um...no. Since the Vortech is driven directly off the crank, it doesn't have any lag like a turbo does. As soon as the engine revs up, the blower revs up, providing boost. What a vortech does have is a very peaky boost output, i.e. it doesn't make 8psi of boost at 4k rpm and then stay at 8psi until redline, but rather makes like 4psi at 4k rpm, then 5psi at 5k rpm, then 6psi at 6k rpm, etc. Boost climbs as revs climb, but there is no waiting for it. OK, my numbers might not be *exactly* correct, but that's the general idea.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:51 PM

TURBO
Old 01-18-2004, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (Suleman963)

[QUOTE=Suleman963] you dont want to go to hell trust me
Old 01-18-2004, 05:27 PM

Default Re: (legutki)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by legutki &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[QUOTE=Suleman963] you dont want to go to hell trust me</TD></TR></TABLE>
Dont make him put a no-soliciting pic in his sig. If he wanted to get preached to, he would answer his door at dinner when your little cult like to disturb people.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I say turbo... when I would race my friend with a 99-00 civic si with JR supercharger with pulley upgrade in my I/H/E ls/vtec (from a roll) we would be dead even. But when I went turbocharged I would beat him 3 cars and pulling.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:12 PM

I also have a 2K GSR and tried both the Greddy Turbo and the Vortech Supercharger. Its all in what you want to do with your car. For daily driving, I would recommend vortech. You know exactly when your power hits. Turbos I believe gives you more power but is very moody with the lag. Both can be a nuisance to maintain. I've had problems with both kits.

For those who talk crap on vortech, please do so after dealing with one yourself. Even though I was boosting 9psi at peak rpm only, i was still outrunning my friends custom turbo 7psi easily. So it all depends on what you do with the kits. Lets just appreciate people for trying something different.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

boost. hands down IMO
Old 01-18-2004, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would go with a turbo. My friend had an JRSC on his 00 Type R And it didn't seem as fast as i thought it would be and is nothing compared to my turbo B16.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:34 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ClubSiRacer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Both are 100% viable options. I kick many turbocharged Hondas *** with my Vortech... And it still has advantages over a turbo.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sohc turbo cars don't count.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Supercharge or TurboCharge (Buraku)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Buraku &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your vortech doesnt count as a supercharger, its an infinitely laggy parasitic THING. So plz leave it out of this discussion k, plz, thx</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you only ******* knew.... If my "infinitely laggy thing" was so slow, I wouldnt be able to pull 1.7 60' times now would I? I wouldnt pull carlengths on 04 Mustang Cobras on the street either. Wait.... You dont know what you are talking about because you HAVE NO CLUE!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lazerus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
all hail the ignorant!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ahh yes, I am ignorant because I HAD A ******* TURBO on my car before. I also HAVE A ******* TURBO CAR NOW too... I know what it feels like, I know how it compares. In fact, unless you have driven a Vortech supercharged car before, you can go shut the **** up now. The fact is I know exactly how my car feels BOTH ways and I know which I prefer on the street and that is clearly the supercharger. Turbocharger IS AND WILL make a faster drag car but unless you can find a way to make more traction than I can, all the power in the world wont make a turbo car faster than a supercharged car on the street.

It is true, at the same boost level, a turbocharger will be "faster" to accelerate to redline assuming traction is equil. Since we dont run slicks on the street and MOST of us dont run drag radials everywhere we go, the supercharger provides a more predictable power curve that can regulated via throttle and revs with ease. If all you want is straight line drag strip power, go with the turbo... But I dunno about you, I drive my car on the street.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:51 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: Supercharge or TurboCharge (Von Dutch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Von Dutch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sohc turbo cars don't count.</TD></TR></TABLE>

12.3 will beat alot of turbocharged b series
Old 01-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Buraku)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Buraku &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Dont make him put a no-soliciting pic in his sig. If he wanted to get preached to, he would answer his door at dinner when your little cult like to disturb people.</TD></TR></TABLE>

HOLY ****!!! HAHAAH sorry...but i had to laugh.....
Old 01-18-2004, 08:33 PM

Default Re: (TurboB16aEG)

I would go with a Drag turbo kit or a REV Hard Turbo kit. Both are great turbo kits my friend had a GSR with a REV Hard on it and it pulled good and the Integra i just bought has a drag 3 turbo kit on it and it pulls awesome. nothing like smoking a z06 in the mourning But i mean like they said its basically what you want to do but im a Turbo freak now. I would go with the turbo.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

turdblow
Old 01-18-2004, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Supercharge or TurboCharge (Mpir3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mpir3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">12.3 will beat alot of turbocharged b series </TD></TR></TABLE>

not on street tires, like he said alot of us don't run slick on the street. he cut 1.7 on a supercharged car on slicks and ran a 12.3. add up a 2.3 60ft and you would get something like high 12 low 13's maybe. now he is in the range of some turbo street honduhs.

LAG is your friend...you will find out the hard way.

Can I ask what you cut on street tires with the vortech blower? just curious.

Quick Reply: Supercharge or TurboCharge