Notices

strange electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange problem while beginning to run uberdata

aight got my car up and running on uberdata two days ago, just running stock, w/ a stock bin to make sure everything was all good before i installed my dsm 450's and my turbo setup.

Well, i go out to start my car this morning, after its been running smooth w/ uber for a day and a half, i go to start the car, turn it to the ON position, fuel pump primes, CEL comes on then goes off like normal, push the clutch in, turn the key and then i hear a loud CLICK and everything goes off, lights radio, everything, like a dead battery. pop the hood wiggle the negative terminal, lights come back on, get it turn the key, CLICK, everything off again, finially get it to start after doin this a few times and everything seems ok, then i turn it off and try again, it comes on again but this time w/ a CEL and a high idle, turn it off back on, just a high idle no CEL, wtf is goin on???

Modified by blackcivic95 at 10:32 AM 12/10/2004
Old 12-10-2004, 05:01 AM

Default Re: thought i was done w/ my uberdata problems, but wait!, theres more (blackcivic95)

you are on crack if you think an eprom did that, plz edit your title.

Is your battery relocated?
Old 12-10-2004, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: thought i was done w/ my uberdata problems, but wait!, theres more (UberTeg)

amazes me that people continue to bash a perfectly good product.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:37 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: thought i was done w/ my uberdata problems, but wait!, theres more (blackcivic95)

well, all honda ecu's have to relearn their idle settings, so cut the jumper at j1, let the car idle for a while, then redo the jumper. see what happens
Old 12-10-2004, 05:38 AM

Default Re: thought i was done w/ my uberdata problems, but wait!, theres more (Tactic$)

im not bashing it at all, i love it, its the best product around especially for the price, im just looking for some guidence on how to fix my problem, im sorry if my title is misleading im not trying to blame uberdata, its more of a uberdata related problem, i just wasnt sure what else to call it since it pertained to uberdata, and wasnt happening until i had uberdata running my car. Battery is not relocated

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tactic$ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">amazes me that people continue to bash a perfectly good product. </TD></TR></TABLE>

im sorry where did i bash it again? i see no "uberdata sucks" or "uber blew my motor", im just looking for information reguarding a problem that i encounterd while trying to get uberdata to run in my car. Thanks for your great input tho oh wait, no input at all, oh well, makes ur post count go up i suppose
Old 12-10-2004, 05:39 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, all honda ecu's have to relearn their idle settings, so cut the jumper at j1, let the car idle for a while, then redo the jumper. see what happens</TD></TR></TABLE>

the idle isnt really my biggest concern, i can mess w/ the idle, eiher w/ the new slider, in 1.7 or my idle control screw or whatever it is, my main concerin is the electirical problem it seems i have, w/ the car just loosing all power when i turn the key sometimes
Old 12-10-2004, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: strange problem while beginning to run uberdata (blackcivic95)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackcivic95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> pop the hood wiggle the negative terminal, lights come back on, get it turn the key, CLICK, everything off again,
Modified by blackcivic95 at 10:32 AM 12/10/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

There's you problem right there. Tighten your ground on the battery.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:47 AM

the clickign and everything going of sounds like a short or bad ground / low voltage. what electrical stuffs have you messed with?

And your title to this thread infers that uberdata is causing this problem which is considered bashing.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:51 AM

Default Re: thought i was done w/ my uberdata problems, but wait!, theres more (UberTeg)

im sorry if the thread title is misleading i tried to change it, tell me how and i will, havent messed w/ nething, except chipping the ecu, what w/ the soldering of the ecu could cause a short that would short my entire car??

dont think its the ground of the battery, beacause once i wiggle it and everything comes back on, i can continue to wiggle and wiggle and it wont go back off until i try and start it, if it was a bad ground then when i wiggled itd go on and off
Old 12-10-2004, 07:35 AM

so oyu wiggle your battery terminal and everything magically comes on and you dont think its related?
Old 12-10-2004, 08:43 AM

i had the same problem with mine and sure enough my negative battery cable just kept poppin off. Cleaned all the corossion(?) off it and tightened it down and haven't had a problem since
Old 12-10-2004, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackcivic95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> pop the hood wiggle the negative terminal, lights come back on,</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea.. Uberdata seems to loosen my negative terminal as well.. hopefully Blake will address the issue with a "Battery Terminal Adjustment" slider in v1.8

..you tool.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: strange problem while beginning to run uberdata (VTC_resurected_CiViC)

Come on guys, everyone makes dumb mistakes now and then, ease up on the dude.

First things first man, check that battery terminal...if it doesnt work, then you wiggle the terminal and it does work, thats telling you something. Take it off, clean it with a brush and tighten it down good and see if that makes a difference.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:11 PM

Default Re: strange problem while beginning to run uberdata (newgsrdriver)

as i alreday said i addressed the negative termanil problem, when everything cuts off, i go wiggle it, comes back, on, however if i contiue to wiggle, once everhting is BACK ON if i continute to wiggle it dosent go back off, if it was loose, then when i wiggled itd go on and off, no? also,

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTC_resurected_CiViC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yea.. Uberdata seems to loosen my negative terminal as well.. hopefully Blake will address the issue with a "Battery Terminal Adjustment" slider in v1.8

..you tool.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea once again i am not blaimin uberdata, just trying to get info concerning a problem i encountered while trying to run uberdata, i know its not the program causeing the problem and if u cant think of anything useful to say to help me out because u obviously arent knowledgeable to do so then stay away from the arrogant comments, your the tool
Old 12-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not necessarily.

Rule #1 of working on cars - keep it simple
Rule #2 of working on cars - NOTHING is easy

Id point to that terminal first, do what I suggested and go from there.

Old 12-10-2004, 02:51 PM

Default Re: strange problem while beginning to run uberdata (newgsrdriver)

cleaned, tightend harder than VTC_resurected_CiViC's s and still shortes prolly 2 outa 5 starts
Old 12-10-2004, 04:49 PM

check your battery voltage with the car off
Old 12-10-2004, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackcivic95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cleaned, tightend harder than VTC_resurected_CiViC's s and still shortes prolly 2 outa 5 starts</TD></TR></TABLE>

Check the rest of your grounds. Make sure your power feed to the starter is tight. Make sure the battery positive is clean and tight.