Notices

STH Performance-Bad costumer service

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STH Performance-Bad costumer service

I had recently ordered a turbo from STH performance.The turbo was an .82AR GT35R and also an Intercooler rated for 400HP.He stated that he was offering a deal, if u bought the GT35R, u would recieve the IC fdor free.Well, the free IC tacked on another 300$ on the final price.Thats besides the point becuase I did agree to the final price, not realizing the extra money added.He said that there were a few in stock and will send it out the next buisness day(Monday), and then it will arrive 2 weeks after that. Well, 2 weeks go buy and my IC arrives, alone.I contact him that day and ask him politly, weres my turbo and his response was "I had packaged the .63AR and not the .82AR and didnt relize it until it was about to be shipped, but ur turbo will be there in a few days.
Well atleast another 1.5 weeks go buy and I recieve the turbo, but the probleme is that its the .63AR.The reason for the delay was becuase of that and he still sent me the wrong one.

Now he is saying that precision will not exchange the 63AR for the 82AR and I have to pay 185 plus shipping for the origanl turbo I ordered.

I dont know what to to do, the 63 AR may support the 550WHP I desire, but leaves me no upgrading room.I dont believe i should be paying anymore for his mistakes.

What steps should I take to get justice in this situation?
Old 08-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: STH Performance-Bad costumer service (93supercoupe)

can nobody spell anymore?? i thougth they were teaching grammar early nowadays?
Old 08-21-2005, 03:57 PM

damn that sucks... thats why i kinda hate dealing with online because of the communication and you take the chances of getting screwed
Old 08-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: STH Performance-Bad costumer service (wantboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can nobody spell anymore?? i thougth they were teaching grammar early nowadays?</TD></TR></TABLE>
If this is the only thing u have to say about my situation, u can keep ur comments to urself.
I didnt know I was at school.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well, even if I dont get the 82.AR housing, 550WHP w/ stock ports should be able to do right?
Old 08-21-2005, 06:39 PM

im not too familiar with the gt35 but i have the t3/t67 and i know those 2 turbos are real similiar, i have the .63ar and i did pretty good on it. Not sure if it'll help you or not but thats what i know.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: STH Performance-Bad costumer service (tRaCeBuStA)

is that what u made 619 with?
Old 08-21-2005, 06:52 PM

yeah... i see a lot of people using the H.O. one and making about the same power and im just using the .63. But then again i wasnt aiming for 600+hp i was aiming for 500 only.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:01 PM
New User

Default Re: STH Performance-Bad costumer service (wantboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can nobody spell anymore?? i thougth they were teaching grammar early nowadays?</TD></TR></TABLE>

THOUGHT maybe? You spelled it wrong. Start sentences with a capital letter too. I should teahc Gramar since I correct my wife all the time.

This was all in good FUN!!! I see soooo many people bash on someone for Grammar then will use bad Grammar or spell thing wrong themselves hehehehehheehheheeheh.

William you are a good customer of mine so I am just playing!
Old 08-21-2005, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: STH Performance-Bad costumer service (Boostfed.com)

my name is not william, but whatever, if ur joking so am I
Old 08-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: STH Performance-Bad costumer service (tRaCeBuStA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tRaCeBuStA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah... i see a lot of people using the H.O. one and making about the same power and im just using the .63. But then again i wasnt aiming for 600+hp i was aiming for 500 only. </TD></TR></TABLE>
what did you do for crank case ventalation?
Old 08-21-2005, 07:14 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my name is not william, but whatever, if ur joking so am I</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nah I was talking to wantboost, he was talking about Grammar andhe misspelled somthing bro, that is all. I wasn't posting anything useful in the thread so sorry.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:19 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
what did you do for crank case ventalation? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I just opened up the 2 ports on the back of the block to a catch can and im going to do some ventilation for the valve cover as soon as i get some money. I notice on the dyno no oil was coming out but when i drive on the street @ 10psi theres oil coming out.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand how you could accidentally give them an extra $300. Now you're saying he sent the wrong turbo, and you're willing to accept this? Did you correspond through e-mail or PM? Did you pay using paypal or by other means? What does your receipt say?
Old 08-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think you can reach the power you want with that .63ar GT35R and you will probably be happier since it will spool slightly quicker too.......

Old 08-21-2005, 07:32 PM

Mr Burton in the payment you made and the emails ive received from you never stated you wanted a .82a/r housing.

I dont see where you paid a extra $300 dollars.. I think your calculations are alittle off sir.

$1369.99 - Turbo
$18.50 - Shipping
$41.65 - Paypal fee

Total - $1430.14

You paid $1411.10 Shipped w/ Fee's and got a FMIC with the deal.

Our Wholesaler wont do exchanges hense why on our website you see we have a "All sales Final" policy. I know you suggested about getting another turbine housing so u could have a 63 and a 82 and i said i could give u that housing for dealer cost just to take care of the problem.

Letme know if u wanna get that housing sir.

-Scott
Old 08-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: STH Performance-Bad costumer service (USE2B16A)

its not that I didnt notice, its that I didnt research the IC before agreeing.It was just weird how he siad it was free then added another 300$.And by looking at the cooler, there is NOWAY it supports 400HP.
I pay-pal ed the money and I have been talking to him by PM since the turbo was recieved.He said to me that I said nothing about wanting the 82AR and he was ASSUMING that i wanted the 63AR.But the fact is, I know what I said but i cannot find and records of me typing it since im never on the same computer.But I shouldnt have to argue w/ the guy whos right or wrong.In my opinion, he should be doing everything in his power to make his costumer happy, I spent over 1400$ in one shot, I think thats enough to earn his compliance.Before he knew that PTE wont do the housing switch, he wouldnt even pay for shipping.
Im just worried that if I send the IC and turbo back, im not going to see any results for some time because of the relaxed aditude coming from STH perfomance.

Id rather buy the 82 housing and have them both for tests rather than dealing with these clowns again.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1.even if i didnt tell u want AR I wanted, assuming is not the thing to do when dealing with that amount of cash.
2.U were advertising the turbo for 1100.If it was anymore, I would have bought it from Pheonix Turbo.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its funny how u wont answer my PM's, but when i may be hurting ur business u decide to make it look like I made the mistake.
Its like every time u talk i figure out more and more what kind of business im dealing with.I warned u time and time agian about this.U brought it upon urself by not dealing with it and now its a bigger probleme than u thought.

How come my 400HP Intercooler isnt advertised in ur sales thread?
And Id like to know what kind of deal u will be offering on the GT35R w/ the 63AR and the 82AR.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ken at http://www.phoenixturbo.com swapped out my .48 backside for a .62 even after I ordered the .48 and changed my plans, months later.

That's how a business should be run.

STH- take some lessons from them.

93supercoupe- get whats yours and take your business elsewhere.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:01 PM
RRL

Default Re: STH Performance-Bad costumer service (MooreBoost)

I ordered an AS-1026 from STHPERFORMANCE (scott) payed the amount and ended up getting an AS-1025 for the price of the AS-1026. The only offer he could give me is a $15 off on the next purchase from him. Thats so unfair on the buyers part.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: STH Performance-Bad costumer service (RRL)

thats a terrible problem these small crap shops have! you try to save a buck and this is what happens. buy your parts only from companys with a long good standing history, and while your at it monitor his threads and shut him down!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: STH Performance-Bad costumer service (ninesecteg)

that really sucks... theres quite a few out there thats like that. you really have to know who you buying from and make sure they won't bust any **** like that on you.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:42 PM

93 supercoupe check your pm's.

Hope you get things worked out.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If this is the only thing u have to say about my situation, u can keep ur comments to urself.
I didnt know I was at school.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah no kidding. I read the post and figured out what he was trying to say. Some of us cant afford college cause we have turbo charged cars lol.

I really hope he spelled "thought" wrong on purpose too.

Back to your subject... Maybe you can call the BBB? I dunno

EDIT: It is hard for a company to return certain things, and I see where your coming from sending stuff back to begin with. But I think its odd you almost paid MSRP for that turbo... I wonder why he threw in a free intercooler..

Good luck man. I hate getting ripped sometimes.

Quick Reply: STH Performance-Bad costumer service