Notices

stand alone temperature sensor,where to put it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stand alone temperature sensor,where to put it?

this for a haltech,can the temperature sensor be put on the termostat housing?the size seems to 3/8
Old 04-13-2004, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: stand alone temperature sensor,where to put it? (civicguy)

If you put it in the thermostat housing, it has to be on the water pipe side, otherwise it will only read the proper temp when the thermostat is open.

I recommend putting it in the upper radiator hose housing. It's easier to install and access from there, and even if it's 3/8", it should have enough room....unless turbo somethings get in the way that I can't visualize right now.

The thermostat housing placement would probably read closer to what the engine sees tho b/c it's not immediately after the radiator like it would be if you placed it in the upper radiator hose housing.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: stand alone temperature sensor,where to put it? (IN VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IN VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you put it in the thermostat housing, it has to be on the water pipe side, otherwise it will only read the proper temp when the thermostat is open.

I recommend putting it in the upper radiator hose housing. It's easier to install and access from there, and even if it's 3/8", it should have enough room....unless turbo somethings get in the way that I can't visualize right now.

The thermostat housing placement would probably read closer to what the engine sees tho b/c it's not immediately after the radiator like it would be if you placed it in the upper radiator hose housing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How would you do that.....just buy some piping and stick the sensor in?? I dont have fancy standalone **** like this guy but I was going to buy a greddy upper radiator hose adapter for temp sensors.....56 bucks though. I think I would just put a hole in the piping and try some JB weld and save about 40 bucks...
Old 04-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: stand alone temperature sensor,where to put it? (specv5150)

If it's got threads, you can drill and tap it. I don't know if it has threads or not.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=699796