Notices

SSAC IC

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SSAC IC

Searched but didn't find anything... Has anyone ever used one of their Liquid to Air IC's? Just looking for a little feedback... Yeah I know it's SSAC but it's real similar to Spearco's model...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...=true
Old 12-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would not recommend SSAC.

Not to say it wont work fine, but be prepared for it to fail.

That said it looks good!
Old 12-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: SSAC IC (Split Image Prez)

never even seen it before
Old 12-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Dude it's a Dell..

if it's as nice as their air/air models...then it's a steal!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbotime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbotime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would not recommend SSAC.

Not to say it wont work fine, but be prepared for it to fail.

That said it looks good!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I understand that.. LOL I know SSAC doesn't have a good rep but it's just an IC.. I just don't see how that could really be to bad... ya know?
Old 12-20-2005, 11:04 AM

Default Re: (Split Image Prez)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Split Image Prez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah I understand that.. LOL I know SSAC doesn't have a good rep but it's just an IC.. I just don't see how that could really be to bad... ya know?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, with it being air to water I can just see one of the cores cracking or something and water just being sucked into someone's motor. Looks pretty, but I wouldn't pay $300 for a product from a company with their reputation.

Besides, with the way they talk to their customers I would never give them any of my money, no matter how good or cheap their products were.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Everyones Hero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Everyones Hero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, with it being air to water I can just see one of the cores cracking or something and water just being sucked into someone's motor. Looks pretty, but I wouldn't pay $300 for a product from a company with their reputation.

Besides, with the way they talk to their customers I would never give them any of my money, no matter how good or cheap their products were.</TD></TR></TABLE>

true true.... I'll just go w/ a good ol' SPEARCO...
Old 12-20-2005, 11:42 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Split Image Prez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">true true.... I'll just go w/ a good ol' SPEARCO... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I wish I had that kind of money. I thought about taking a small DSM SMIC and welding on some extra metal to make a pocket or something that I could run water through to make it a water-air intercooler.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm using their air to air IC. works fine IMO
Old 12-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (undercoverdc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undercoverdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm using their air to air IC. works fine IMO</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm gonna be using an Excaliber manifold so I don't want a front mount... My setup is gonna be more for the track only but will still be streetable...
Old 12-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Split Image Prez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm gonna be using an Excaliber manifold so I don't want a front mount... My setup is gonna be more for the track only but will still be streetable... </TD></TR></TABLE>

i didn't know the excaliber manifold could be used on the street. hahahaha. that thing looks sick
Old 12-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (undercoverdc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undercoverdc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i didn't know the excaliber manifold could be used on the street. hahahaha. that thing looks sick </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL yeah, technically anything can be used on the street.. It's just how far would you.. When I say streetable, I mean the car is registered... LOL and maybe drive it on the weekend
Old 12-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Everyones Hero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Everyones Hero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wish I had that kind of money. I thought about taking a small DSM SMIC and welding on some extra metal to make a pocket or something that I could run water through to make it a water-air intercooler.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL so you never used their product, but bash it off reputation, then state you are going to ghetto fab some ****....?
Old 12-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (specv5150)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by specv5150 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL so you never used their product, but bash it off reputation, then state you are going to ghetto fab some ****....?</TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL that's what I was thinking too but didn't say anything... LOL
Old 12-20-2005, 08:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

use a new precision core....came highly recomended my tony1....a lil expensive but very efficent as im told!

the desing of ssac looks like a spearco...but def from the fine design its nothing like my friend 2-231...and shop around and youll find some decent deals...i picked up a custom made one w/ a denso core for 250shipped...its just a bitch from keeping it heatsoaked!
Old 12-21-2005, 12:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (drumking15)

Id rock it. Welds looks good on it, not sure why pay more money.

Their AIR/AIR intercooler works NICELY though. No leaks, so I dont see why the AIR/WATER will leak.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:39 AM

Default Re: (specv5150)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by specv5150 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL so you never used their product, but bash it off reputation, then state you are going to ghetto fab some ****....?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, after hearing about the problems with all of their **** and reading the comments and replys on EBay I'd rather take a chance with my Harbor Freight welder and an old DSM intercooler I have laying around. At least if it breaks I know the person who made it is going to be responsible (because I'll have to be )

I'm not really going to ghetto rig my ****. I just won't ever support a company like SSAC, even if their products become better simply because the customer service has sucked in the past.

I guess I'm just an elitest ******* type. I expect good customer service and a no-bullshit transaction. That goes for online stores, stores around me, Subway, McDonalds, ect. If the customer service isn't there I won't go there again.