Notices

sorry have to vent

Old 03-23-2006, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sorry have to vent

Alright so my car has been at the body shop for a little over 2 months and I get a phone call from the owner (a friend) saying that his shop was broken into and my car got the worst of it. I go to check it out today man very sad all my work gone. Carbon hood and trunk, intercooler, wideband, tv, playstation, all stereo equip. gone along with gauges, tach, shift ****, turbo timer and last my Aem ecu. They also had the steering column tore up trying to steal the car but couldnt appently cause the accord in front of it had a dead battery(its column torn apart also). I know this doesnt belong here but this is the only place I ever look or post. If anybody hears of anything in the se washington area let me know.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sorry have to vent (tSuperbike69)

I've been there, and make the shop resposible. It's almost always a inside job on bodyshop/tuner shop hits. Make sure you keep them responible, as long as you did'nt sign a waiver. Went through the same deal in Nebraska when I was at school, they left my car outside for just one night! Sorry bro, but you need to watch how you deal with. I hope your insurance will cover most of your stuff.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sorry have to vent (tSuperbike69)

Post up on the local forums (HMT for exampleis WA-centric, and there are regional forums on HT, and probably a lot of local ones) with pics, keep your eye on eBay. You'll probably find some/all of it in a week or three.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sorry have to vent (Mugencrxsir1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mugencrxsir1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've been there, and make the shop resposible. It's almost always a inside job on bodyshop/tuner shop hits. Make sure you keep them responible, as long as you did'nt sign a waiver. Went through the same deal in Nebraska when I was at school, they left my car outside for just one night! Sorry bro, but you need to watch how you deal with. I hope your insurance will cover most of your stuff.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree, it sounds like an inside job to me. it just seems too convient that the accord's battery was dead. why couldnt they just push it out of the way? maybe they just messed up the column to make it look like it was someone else. if someone wanted it bad enought they would have stole it. they coulda rammed the accord with the teg to get it out of the way

most buisness have alarms. did they? if so why didnt it go off and the cops come?

u said it was a friend's shop. how good of a friend is this?
Old 03-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sorry have to vent (B18B-SC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18B-SC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u said it was a friend's shop. how good of a friend is this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

How good of friends are the shop owners employees?
Old 03-23-2006, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sorry have to vent (J. Davis)

That's messed up man.

Luckily though, the shop is 100% responsible for returning your car in the same condition you dropped it off in.

Good luck getting your **** back.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:13 PM

Default Re: sorry have to vent (EJ1 wilcox)

I talked with the owner and his ins. agent today and I feel 100% it will be fixed and I will be getting paid to do the labor. I trust the owner I work at a Toyota dealership and he does all the work for us and many other dealers the police said they have hit 3-4 other body shops in the last month. It will be taken care of it just gets to me cause that is my baby. Most of the parts have under 1k mles on them. Since it will be getting retuned I might as well upgrade injectors and turn up the boost car prev. made 420 maybe I can bring her up to 500 plus. Thanks for listening guys I always know I can count on you.