Notices

some tranny questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some tranny questions

I know this might be the wrong forum but I love the knowledge of all you FI guys I am pulling a 92 ls cable tranny and I was wondering just a quick step through or rundown on how to if you guys could give me that. I got to take 3 of the motor mounts off to drop the tranny if I m correct...
Old 05-04-2003, 07:17 AM

Default Re: some tranny questions (BoostedsiR)

bump
Old 05-04-2003, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: some tranny questions (BoostedsiR)

yes you'll need to remove the rear mount, the upper passenger mount and the lower front passenger mount. i've never actually worked on a 92 LS cable setup before, but there shouldn't be much difference between the newer hydro Teg's and the old cable Teg's. you'll need to remove the "cover plate" that's underneath on the tranny, it covers the bottom portion of the flywheel and tranny. also along with that there will be a rear located brace bar that ties the block to the tranny for support. the shift linkage will need to come down in order to move the tranny around, the shift ****, gasket and bolts near the exhaust. also the cable connection to the tranny should be taken off. then all the 17mm main tranny bolts need to come off, along with the one starter bolt that goes through the starter and tranny to the block (if the older cable trannys are like the newer hydro ones). i almost forgot about the axles, you'll need to remove the castle nuts at the lower ball joints and pop them up in order to gently remove the axles from the tranny. just watch out for the tranny oil that may come gushing out depending on the angle.

supporting the tranny is also important, but depends on how you are doing this tranny swap. you can do it in any order you see fit really. whatever makes it easier without damaging any components in the process. hopefully i didn't leave anything important out.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:46 AM

Default Re: some tranny questions (sweet)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sweet &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes you'll need to remove the rear mount, the upper passenger mount and the lower front passenger mount.</TD></TR></TABLE>

there is no such thing. the g3 integras have lower mounts (torque mounts), but the g2's do not. there is a front mount that is affixed to the front subframe which you need to remove.

http://www.ultraimports.com/manuals/9093integra/

helms scan for the 90-93 integra. download section 13, manual transmission. tell you everything you need to know.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: some tranny questions (G2 Pilot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G2 Pilot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there is no such thing. the g3 integras have lower mounts (torque mounts), but the g2's do not. there is a front mount that is affixed to the front subframe which you need to remove.</TD></TR></TABLE>

excellent point, it's good that someone who has a G2 Teg came on here to clarify.
as i mentioned i've never worked on the older Teg's before, only the G3's.

Old 05-05-2003, 12:07 PM

Default Re: some tranny questions (sweet)

glad i could be of assistance.....'bout time, i mean i've been here long enough i should be able to contribute something now and then.