Notices

Some SMC Troubles....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 05:24 PM
WeaponR

Default Some SMC Troubles....

I installed Zips SMC on my integra yesterday night. I had every setting to zero (since I have stock injectors - theoretically, nothing should have changed). I tried to start my car, and the entire garage smelled like gas - really strong. My eyes burnt from the irritation. I shut my car off, and played around with it again. Nothing seemed to work. Does anyone have a DC2 and any experiences with the installation? Did I do something wrong?

Further, I noticed my AF gauge went from really rich to lean, and stayed there for a while. If I push the slightest bit of gas, it goes to rich.

I then disconnected the SMC, and patched everything up correctly. When I start the car, the AF gauge still stays on really rich for a while, and then crawls all the way down to lean. When the car warms up, the indicator bounces like normal again, and everything seems fine. It never used to go to lean before. Any suggestions?
Old 02-05-2003, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Some SMC Troubles.... (WeaponR)

Since you're adding extra resistance, no matter what settings you have it at, by adding a non-spec circuit it'll never be accurate with-out larger injectors and boost. When you take it off the ECU is trying to re-correct for the mapping it did with the SMC hooked up. This and this reason alone is why those boxes are limited. If they didn't rely on the ECU to correct the fueling they would be better, but then it would be a full standalone that you can program yourself. I'd get a Hondata, but that's not very cost effective right away.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:18 AM
WeaponR

Default Re: Some SMC Troubles.... (tzsir)

ttt