Notices

So simple question for anyone FI...

Old 08-12-2001, 09:13 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So simple question for anyone FI...

In the last several months since i have gotten my car back.. sure the power feels great, but have anyone of you sat down and though about how many times your hood was up, what you were doing to fix or tune, how much money your spending on working on your car?

I have noticed that my hood has definately been up at least once a week. I love the power, but at the same time.. damn thats adding up as far as total cash spent..

anyone regret turbo / supercharger for that reason?

*side note.. Mr. Gasket material to make gaskets isn't strong enough to withstand wastegate heat.. get the real gasket soon*
Old 08-12-2001, 09:42 AM
Trial User

Default Re: So simple question for anyone FI... (GSRwBOOST)

I've had my turbo installed for about 3 months now with no problems (knock on nearest wood). I have not opened my hood for anything except checking the oil, changing the oil and making sure everything is still secured properly. I have kept accurate records of total dollars spent to date and while it may be high (relative) it is still within my original estimates. I don't regret going turbo, I know if I didn't modify my car I would always have it in the back of my mind "what if?" Sometimes I do wish that I could get the "itch" to modify my car out of my system if nothing else because it is so damn expensive. I take my time, save my money, do the installs myself and along the way if I loose interest, so be it... it was fun while it lasted. But, after 4 years the "itch" hasn't gone away...........
Old 08-12-2001, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So simple question for anyone FI... (LEON)

Most of the time I've had my hood open hasnt been to "fix" something per se, I just like mesing with things and can never leave well enough alone. I can only imagine how bad I will be when I finally get the turbo.