Notices

Silly SOHC Manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 02:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silly SOHC Manifolds

What have people heard about his manifolds. I was looking at the link in his sig and I was very impressed. Everything looks great as far as welds and materials used. I know a ram horn is kind of a standard thing these days. But I'm looking for people that have seen them in person or used them. I'm still waiting for a price on one from him. I'm trying to get a buddy of mine for ditch his POS cast manifold and I;m really liking the looks of his. Thanks.

Link to his work
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/280589/5
Old 11-30-2006, 03:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well if you want to wait like 9 months then be my guest. i got a topmount from him and it took 9 long months. car sat with no manifold and just took forever.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Might want to call and speak with Jay. Last I heard he was closing shop to work for JRP in Toronto, I assume do fabrication for them. I have one of his manifold, great quality.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Silly SOHC Manifolds (TwoKSiR)

Im still waiting for my topmount...from what i understand excellent quality & craftsmanship. jay has always been upfront with me. I think he is a little backed up right now. call or email him directly for ETA's on manifolds.

Modified by AIRIC at 8:20 AM 11/30/2006
Old 11-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

True deal, I am moving.. this will allow me to take more care of fabrication and paymore attention to detail in the work itself. In turn it releives me of the email and phone calls a bit, freeing time to work on the actual order needed.. I'm looking forward tothe new resources available to me. Over the last year working on my own it has really taken its toll on me with the variety of product I provide. Time to do something about it.

I realize some of you had to wait for my work.. well now this will change. I apologies for the grief and trouble some of you endured while waiting. I know its not fair. But I'd rather people make complaints about time lines than poor quality.

If you are currently awaiting a piece from me or money in return leave me an email.. I can't get to the phone alot latey due to trying to tie up loose ends as fast as possible. Please have patience. I'm not taking off to the Bahamas with anyones money.

I will be carrying over warranties on my work. I don't want any one to feel like I won't honour or back up my past projects.

Any new inquirey's from December 1st on will be handled through JRP.

Modified by silly sohc at 8:54 AM 11/30/2006

Modified by silly sohc at 8:55 AM 11/30/2006
Old 11-30-2006, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Silly SOHC Manifolds (silly sohc)

i am also waiting on a manifold.....
Old 11-30-2006, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You sound like a good guy man - we need more people like you in the industry. Good luck on the move
Old 11-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

pm'd
Old 11-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree, he sems to be doing the best he canm on his own so what else can you sak from a guy. Good luck in your new work. Hope it all works out the way you want. Looking forward to what you roll out with the new company.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok, i havent said anything because i was bveing kind and know what its like to be a fabricator.....

i ordered my manifold like 2.5 months ago. i was told it would take about 1 month. not only that, but i paid 100% up front.

since then i have gotten like 2 emails, both of them under a sentence long, saying ¨dont worry¨youll get it soon.

i have sent like 3 or 4 emails since, each one getting progressivly more stern in tone. last one i sent a week or so ago telling him to SIMPLY RESPOND!! just tell me whats going on.

i cant even get a reply from this guy, i dont know what to do. before i take legal action, i thought i would bring it out in the public, maybe he will answer one of my emails then!!???

i would NOT reccomend buying anything from him, as it is IMPOSSIBLE to communicate. Jay, care to comment??¿???

do i have to show up in canada to get your attention, because if i do, its too late for negotiating once im there.....

Modified by hootiehoo at 5:10 PM 12/25/2006
Old 12-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hootiehoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would NOT reccomend buying anything from him, as it is IMPOSSIBLE to communicate. Jay, care to comment??¿???

do i have to show up in canada to get your attention, because if i do, its too late for negotiating once im there.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

****, can't you read? Moving to a new place isn't exactly a one-day deal, esp when you have as much stuff to move as he does. Just ask for your money back and buy from someone who pre-fabs manifolds instead. No need to be an e-thug...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by silly sohc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">True deal, I am moving.. this will allow me to take more care of fabrication and paymore attention to detail in the work itself. In turn it releives me of the email and phone calls a bit, freeing time to work on the actual order needed.. I'm looking forward tothe new resources available to me. Over the last year working on my own it has really taken its toll on me with the variety of product I provide. Time to do something about it.

I realize some of you had to wait for my work.. well now this will change. I apologies for the grief and trouble some of you endured while waiting. I know its not fair. But I'd rather people make complaints about time lines than poor quality.

If you are currently awaiting a piece from me or money in return leave me an email.. I can't get to the phone alot latey due to trying to tie up loose ends as fast as possible. Please have patience. I'm not taking off to the Bahamas with anyones money.

I will be carrying over warranties on my work. I don't want any one to feel like I won't honour or back up my past projects.

Any new inquirey's from December 1st on will be handled through JRP.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ill vouch for silly soch also i had a manifold from way back his welds cracked over time then he sent me a new one me sending him mine back yes it sucked because my car was down but he is a man of his word and the new mani and welds looked ******* great.. this isnt a parts store with **** on hand some things take time... good luck j with the move.. and i still want a top mount soon just let me know when your settled at the new place
Old 12-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xsi-t)

i just checked old emails.....its been a liitle over 2 months, and last i heard was on dec 18.....he said it will be here shortly.....

ok, not AS bad....but still annoying. i guess i am anxious.

i still want to hear from him.

Modified by hootiehoo at 5:08 PM 12/25/2006

Modified by hootiehoo at 5:09 PM 12/25/2006
Old 12-25-2006, 04:52 PM

I'll vouch for Jay, I ordered twice from him first time it was before the wave of huge orders and got the manifold withn 4 weeks, Second time it took about 3 or 4 months due to me changing my set up and also his time restraints.

As far as quality, Top notch., fitment was damn near perfect, not perfect due to it beng a custom set up but still damn near perfect.

I know waiting is a bitch, and unfortunatley its part of this industry.

But jay is upfront, He tells you if he made the manifold or if its done., if its not done he will let you know.

Honest guy and Upfront about his work.'
only thing that pissed me off is that he is damn canada, and the US customs held the damn Box for almost 2 weeks !!!!!.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Order my topmount since April or so 06'... He once told me it was done and shipped. Gave me tracking number and it got stuck in customs. Never moved. Still waiting for it. Decided to get my refund, since I already bought a manifold some where else. Still waiting for a refund. How hard is it to refund money through Paypal? Still waiting....
Old 12-26-2006, 08:00 AM

Default Re: (hootiehoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hootiehoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just checked old emails.....its been a liitle over 2 months, and last i heard was on dec 18.....he said it will be here shortly.....

ok, not AS bad....but still annoying. i guess i am anxious.

i still want to hear from him.

Modified by hootiehoo at 5:08 PM 12/25/2006

Modified by hootiehoo at 5:09 PM 12/25/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>
U need to chill out, youll get your mani,

I had Jay make me a dp and an h22 topmount mani, for my civic, perfect fitment, got to keep my 4th front mount, and I get complimants everytime i open the hood,
Old 12-26-2006, 08:33 AM

he looks to have great quality and with great quality it takes great time.

remember all great things come in time! nothing great will come fast!
Old 12-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Silly SOHC Manifolds (b18sihatch)

im chillin for now.i got some feedback.

fyi, im upset because i was told a month lead time, and its been double that.

and its been really really hard to get responces.

not because im super impatient
Old 12-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I will work through all of you, i promise... i'm not going to bail on anyone.

My paypal is closed for the moment while issues are taken care of and no one can order directly to me. for awhile I was getting orders w/o even knowing who pple were... I can't have that with all the other things on my plate... I realize that some of you will be angry... I'm doing my best...

Again any new questions or interest in my work can be done through JRP in Toronto Canada
http://www.jrponline.com

thank you all for your patience thus far

Old 12-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (silly sohc)

I'm glad to see you are working with your customers.

Current customers keep us updated with your orders so another One-Fab doesn't happen
Old 12-26-2006, 07:46 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (silly sohc)

Jay, glad to hear your moving up in the world.

Will we still be able to get together around march/april to finish my manifold you built for me? I still need the turbo brace and a new dumptube. I'll bring the car to you so fitment wont be a guessing game.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:08 PM

i ordered mine early this year and took 4 months to get it but this guy does a great job on making a great product. really nice work.