Notices

Set ups?!?!............

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Set ups?!?!............

Hey everybody, I just got a B18C1 put into my '97 Ex Coupe and I was wandering what all of your set ups are, how much boost your running, and power you get to your wheels w/the turbo. For my B18C1 I'm thinking of a greddy turbo kit, but if your guys' set up is much much much better then ill probably look into yours or different set ups, oh btw please tell me the core of your intercooler. thanks. any help would be much appreciated! thanks!
Old 02-09-2003, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Set ups?!?!............ (97MidniteCivic)

Most guys are starting to do alot of custom kits in here. That way you can get the best of every part needed to make a nice kit.

Just keep reading on here and you will learn alot.

Do searches and you can see many many posts about this same topic.

most guys run a precision turbo now since thats the next and hotesstest thing
Running geoff full race manifold
Running custom piping
Running PWR intercooler
Running tial wg
with some standalone pushing 300-400hp range
Old 02-09-2003, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Set ups?!?!............ (b18bturbo)

B16a benson sleeved block
stock head
.50 overbore 9:1 je pistons
eagle rods
drag3 kit
aem ems
delphi 780cc injectors (waiting in mail)

I've been driving around at light throttle for a while now. Waiting to get my **** tuned
Old 02-09-2003, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Set ups?!?!............ (b18bturbo)

most guys run a precision turbo now since thats the next and hotesstest thing
Is that like hotter than the sun hot? That's a common set-up though. Precision turbo's you can see the quality of their castings so they get a here. I won't post my set-up because it'll cause too much grief for me because my poor *** can't afford a new camera.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:43 PM

thanks everybody for posting your setups. I was wondering; how much PSI are you pushing, and at that psi how much hp are you having at the wheels? Second the precision turbos' I've been hearing about-how much do they cost? What is a good size for my 1997 Civic EX Coupe? How much psi should I use on the street? and i have like two more questions, 1st-can you guys please reply to this post with some turbos' that are smog legal in illionis, cuz we got smog emissions down here! 2nd-Is it true that in some states if a car came from the factory non-turboed, it's SOMETIMES illegal to turbo that car? iunno, i herd this from another guy, I was kinda like WHAT?! but anyways, thanks alot, and you guys are right, i should do less posting and more reading, or is it the other way around? oh well who cares, just, any feedback is most appreciated!
Old 02-10-2003, 06:10 PM

Greddy is the only kit that is carb legal. I don't know if any turbo kit can pass emissions test. Most people uninstall the kit and then get the emissions test.

You will find a range of people on this board with turbo charged motors. Some with the basic bolt on kit making 225-250whp and then you will find guys making 700whp.

Since you are a newbie to turbo, I would suggest you boost no more then 7psi.

1) Learn more.
2) Upgrade more.
3) Boost more.

If you follow that order you will be fine. Obviously #1 is the most important, do not jump to #3 without #2 and #1.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Set ups?!?!............ (ekb18c)

I think I skiped a step because I'm only pushing 8psi and busting up spark plugs and detonating be carefull

[Modified by Tommyyy, 3:16 AM 2/11/2003]
Old 02-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks everybody for posting your setups. I was wondering; how much PSI are you pushing, and at that psi how much hp are you having at the wheels? Second the precision turbos' I've been hearing about-how much do they cost? What is a good size for my 1997 Civic EX Coupe? How much psi should I use on the street? and i have like two more questions, 1st-can you guys please reply to this post with some turbos' that are smog legal in illionis, cuz we got smog emissions down here! 2nd-Is it true that in some states if a car came from the factory non-turboed, it's SOMETIMES illegal to turbo that car? iunno, i herd this from another guy, I was kinda like WHAT?! but anyways, thanks alot, and you guys are right, i should do less posting and more reading, or is it the other way around? oh well who cares, just, any feedback is most appreciated!
I remember some kid told me it was illegal to have afront mount intercooler lol..On my las set-up i ran 10 psi then on the dyno it leaned out hard at 18 psi and blew up...i'm still scratching my head on that one..my new set up will be better and i'm going for 20 psi.hopefully thr tuning will go smoother the second time around.