Notices

scramble button to increase boost 5 or 8 psi

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scramble button to increase boost 5 or 8 psi READ THIS BIAATCH

ok my understanding is that when in boost and tuned to be at 10psi the your fuel is set at 10 psi right??? so if i were to press the scamble button on my avcr the the boost would increase to a rate that was untuned for,.... would this be unsafe or does the map sensor adjust to the amount of boost that is being run and how does it know how much fuel to run if only programmed to 10 psi..... i have an lsvtec and a full turbo setup with a t3t4 60-1 turbo and i dont know what to do about tuning i know im gonna run hondata but as far as whether or not it adjusts to the amount of boost added..... just dont know...... doesnt it make a difference to how many cfms are being flowed because i know that 5psi on a t25 is different that 5 psi on a 60-1 so how will hondata know that.....???? please explain....

Modified by electric_rex at 7:16 AM 9/24/2004
Old 09-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: scramble button to increase boost 5 or 8 psi READ THIS BIAATCH (electric_rex)

bump, Help this guy out. I'm sure there's a ton of people here using the AVC-R. I need to know this as well.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:27 PM

Default Re: scramble button to increase boost 5 or 8 psi READ THIS BIAATCH (electric_rex)

DOES ANYONE KNOW i mean boost should automatically be acounted for right???? so after tuning with hondata or such its not going to matter how much boost i run as long as i gedt it tuned once.... does this mean that if i pull the boost down that i will run really rich in the fact that it would only be tuned for 10psi and if i turned it down to 8 it would run ruch??????
Old 09-24-2004, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by electric_rex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DOES ANYONE KNOW i mean boost should automatically be acounted for right???? so after tuning with hondata or such its not going to matter how much boost i run as long as i gedt it tuned once.... does this mean that if i pull the boost down that i will run really rich in the fact that it would only be tuned for 10psi and if i turned it down to 8 it would run ruch??????</TD></TR></TABLE>

No your wrong. If you get it tuned for 10 psi then your car is tuned to boost to 10 psi not 25. When you add more boost you also need to pull more timing and add more fuel. So if your car is tuned to 10 psi and you decide you want to boost to 25 psi most likly you will blow up or cause some sort of damage.

If you turn your boost down to 8 psi you should be fine and not run rich. This is assuming your tuner has street tuned your map and all the cells leading up to 10psi.

If some of this does not make sence or I made some mistakes go easy on me I am hung over as **** today.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:21 AM

Generally you tune your car up to the limit of boost you're going to run. If your max boost is 15 psi you'll tune up to 15 psi. This is where a good tuner can have a huge difference between a so-so one. A good tuner will have your a:f ratio & timing set correctly all the way from 0 to 15 psi (in this case), so you could stop anywhere between (say 5 psi one day and 11 the next) and you'd be fine. A so-so tuner would have 15 psi tuned well, 0 psi tuned well, and whatever happens inbetween who cares because stunnas always run max boost everyday, right? ;-)