Notices

RC Injectors and clips??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Injectors and clips??

If I was to use RC 550cc or 750cc peak and hold injectors with RC injector clips. Which is the common ground wire on the injector clips for splicing? Since I would be replacig the stock oem injectors and clips. Of course I will have a DSM resistor box installed as well, to accomodate the low impedance injectors being used.

Here's the RC injector clips that would be used. (OBD1)

(98 stock gsr hatch) My goal is between 250-300whp, with room to grow. The turbo i'll be using in my setup is a Garrett T3/TO4E 50 trim .63a/r comp. And I want to know what other injectors I can use beside the DSM 450cc inj. That will support my hp goals. Thanks for any input.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:18 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: RC Injectors and clips?? (VTECth1s)

yellow w/ black strip.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RC Injectors and clips?? (HybridcivicLS-T)

I see, so the RC injector clips will have yellow w/black strip as the common ground wire?

So I've got about $5k to spend for either a custom or pre-made kit and tuning. By the way my car is a 96 civic hb with a 98 stock gsr swap. Goal is 250-300whp, with room to grow, running 91 oct since I'm in Socal. Its's a DD, and will most likely not be tracked.

Custom kit I put together: Total ~$2700-3500
Spoolinperformance log manifold kit (manifold/dp/dt); 4-bolt
Garrett T3/TO4E 50 trim .63a/r; 4-bolt
Spoolinperformance oil feed/oil drain line kit
Spoolinperformance FMIC, 2.5" steel piping kit, couplers, t-bolt clamps
3bar GM map sensor w/pig tail connector
DSM 450cc injectors, DSM resistor box or RC 550cc injectors low impedance??
GE vacuum manifold
Walbro 255lph in-tank fuel pump
Tial 38mm wastegate (10psi)
Tial 50mm BOV
All necessary gaskets, bolts, etc.
Hondata s300 w/boost
Boost gauge(mechanical)
Oil pressure gauge(electrical)
NGK spark plugs

Pre-made kits: ~$2700-3400; just between these 3
AFI turbo kit
Synapse turbo kit
Peakboost FTW turbo kit

And from doing some reading and researching. The above 3 seem to have great quality parts, customer service, and good customer feedbacks. Deciding with a custom kit I put together or just go pre-made is a tough choice. What do you guys think? Thanks for you guys inputs or suggestions.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:39 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

no the injector clips do not have a common color. just put the injector on top of the injector and line it up. Get obd0 injector clips. usually cheaper and they do color match. I did a custom kit

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2345402

my kit was cheaper, but i included everything. all the little misc thintgs including tune zipties, everything.

buying seperate parts are better from my experience, but if you haven't done it before i would buy a kit. It's eaiser cuase you get everything and you don't have to look for the stupid things like gaskets and things like that.

I think you can taylor your set up to your personal goals, I did. I wanted 330 and i got 332.3
Old 07-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds good, yah its my first turbo setup. But I've done plenty of research and reading. But would you suggest going with a pre-made kit first? Since I'll get a sense of what a complete kit contains. Then later down the road do a custom kit when I've become more familiarized?

I'm also going to be installing the kit myself, seems pretty easy and straight forward. Just time consuming and lot of patience, but I know I can do it.

On your setup did you use low impedance or saturated 750cc injectors? And the Walbro 255, did you use the low pressure or high pressure version fuel pump? And does it matter which one you use? Thanks, for your input
Old 07-20-2008, 11:02 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECth1s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds good, yah its my first turbo setup. But I've done plenty of research and reading. But would you suggest going with a pre-made kit first? Since I'll get a sense of what a complete kit contains. Then later down the road do a custom kit when I've become more familiarized?

I'm also going to be installing the kit myself, seems pretty easy and straight forward. Just time consuming and lot of patience, but I know I can do it.

On your setup did you use low impedance or saturated 750cc injectors? And the Walbro 255, did you use the low pressure or high pressure version fuel pump? And does it matter which one you use? Thanks, for your input </TD></TR></TABLE>

Since it's your first and if you have the money Just buy one of the AFI kits, (that's only if you have the money) my very first kit, I did resaerch and peiced everythign together. i never had 4 g's to drop on a turbo set up at once, back then. You know your own skills and what your capable of. all the little things can be bought its just you don't get it all at once. piping can be off things need to be welded.

on my set up i used saturated 750cc SH4 (H is for high pressure)
My walbro i used 255 high pressure.

I think it matters do a resaerch on 750cc. A lot of people were having issues with these injectors, but it was becuase they were using the wrong 750's they were using SL4's (L is low pressure), but it's common since to me to use the high pressure one for our applications.

Hope I answered your question
Old 07-20-2008, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for your input!

Any reason why you would suggest the AFI kit over the peakboost or synapse kit? I assume because it's a few hundred dollar's cheaper.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Also are you using the stock fpr and fuel rail with your setup? Or did you upgrade?