Notices

quick rc injector question

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default quick rc injector question

I just pulled my rc 550cc injectors, and one of the black plastic o-rings that goes right above the rubber o-ring on the fuel-rail side of the injectore popped off and fell into myengine bay... no where to be found. Should I kill myself trying to find this little plastic ring or do I not need it?

My thought was that it is there so that when you push thte injector into the rail, it will squish down on the o-ring to create a seal, but when I slip it ino thte rail w/o the o-ring it seems to grip... any quick thoughts?
Old 09-30-2002, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: quick rc injector question (servion)

you need the o-ring. it might seem to grip, but lemme tell you a story about my friend... one day he was putting in his new rc injectors, he didnt know that he tore the o-ring by accident when he installed them. When he started his car everything seemed to be fine. Driving down the road he smelled something... 5 min later him and his girlfriend were on the side of the road watching his car burn to the ground. You need this o-ring, they will have them at your local honda store, they are 50 cents or like a dollar a piece.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: quick rc injector question (GudeH23a)

I actually have th o-ring itself, but there's a little plastic ring that goes on above the ring. There are 2 of these plastic pieces: one above the o-ring and 1 below the o-ring.... I thought that they would sandwich and squish the o-ring to make it seal, but the o-ring itself seems to seal ok...
Old 10-01-2002, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it seems to be only on the rc injectors... any thoughts? I don't want to drive off and lose it, and later find out I need it to keep a seal
Old 10-01-2002, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are you talking about the crush washer? give us a pic so we know what exactly you are talking about.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: quick rc injector question (GudeH23a)

soundslike it could be a crush washer... I'll send a pic tonight when I get home... but it is the plastic ring (there are 2 of them) that are irectly above and below the o-ring. They may be there merely to keep the o-ring on the top of the injector....

at any rate, I'll post a pic tonight.