Notices

quick FJO install ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick FJO install ?

I have searched and printed a number of these FJO install guides off h-t but still have questions.

Everything is hooked up except for connecting the stock O2 sensor to the FJO unit. I will never be running a stock 02 sensor, only the wideband.

There is a solid gray wire on the 4 plug from the FJO, and a white/gray on the 4 plug from the FJO, where do these go?

On the OEM harness there is:
yellow/black
white
black/white
green/black

Where do all of these connect? I have a 1k resistor, just not sure which two to put it between and where to connect them, if at all, into the FJO.

Thanks a bunch for the help. Specific replies like "gray to white, gray/white to black/white with resitor between black/white and green/white" are welcome
Old 04-09-2003, 11:03 AM

Default Re: quick FJO install ? (trbob16a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trbob16a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have searched and printed a number of these FJO install guides off h-t but still have questions.

Everything is hooked up except for connecting the stock O2 sensor to the FJO unit. I will never be running a stock 02 sensor, only the wideband.

There is a solid gray wire on the 4 plug from the FJO, and a white/gray on the 4 plug from the FJO, where do these go?

On the OEM harness there is:
yellow/black
white
black/white
green/black

Where do all of these connect? I have a 1k resistor, just not sure which two to put it between and where to connect them, if at all, into the FJO.

Thanks a bunch for the help. Specific replies like "gray to white, gray/white to black/white with resitor between black/white and green/white" are welcome </TD></TR></TABLE>

your post is confusing..why are you trying to hook up the stock o2 sensor to the fjo? the fjo should have a totally separte wideband sensor that it uses (the whole reason you get one)...it doesnt have anything to do with the factory o2 sesnor that the ecu uses to adjst a/f...

unless you mean you are using one of the honda wideband sensors with the fjo unit, which ive got no idea about
Old 04-09-2003, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: quick FJO install ? (gritsak)

my understanding was that the FJO unit has the outputs that I need to connect, and that I splice those into the factor O2 wiring to provide the 02 sensor data for the ecu. I don't actually want to hook up the sensor, just the wiring so the ECU gets the signal.. sorry for the confusion
Old 04-09-2003, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's a link by jeff that explains exactly what you need to do.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=465176
Old 04-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: quick FJO install ? (TurboD16Z6)

Here is the link of that article on my website as well: http://www.boosted-hybrid.com/tech1.html
Old 04-09-2003, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Right I was going off that article. Thing is, I don't have a

blue wire off the fjo harness or a
green wire off the fjo harness

or
two black wires on the honda plug

&lt;sigh&gt; being color blind is a bitch...