Notices

Quaife install question

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quaife install question

Well like topic states , I got my Quaife today and had it put in , one question though I have ben searching around about the washers inside the unit and do they need to be setup any diffrent then the way they come ???? and is there any kind of break in on the lsd ??? also I noticed on some high way pulls the car just pulls all over the place and other times it is streight as can be , so what Iam looking for do the washers need to be stacked diffrently like they do in the OBX difs ?? tia
Old 05-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Quaife install question (B18C1CYA)

The washers will be fine as is in a Quaife.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Quaife install question (B18C1CYA)

I'd suggest you leave them the way they came. I disassembled mine to clean it (blew up another part of the tranny and got it full of metal bits) and had the same question, so I calledQuaife America and talked to the guy there that works on them. They are supposed to be stacked in there opposing each other (vice nested) because that form a spring that way that makes the diff work right. Mine did the same thing when I had over 400 WHP, it depends on the evenness and surface consistency of the road. It will "hunt" for the best traction, shifting power from side to side at times when it senses a difference in traction. I just kept both hands tight on the wheel and it was fine. On an even surface like a drag strip, it was not a problem. I noticed it a bit on the straight stretches of some road courses, expecially Roebling Road, but nowhere near as bad as when I was on the highway.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Quaife install question (rmcdaniels)

yeah , Iam about 435whp on pump gas and 300trq , so you have enlightened me greatly