Notices

Profec E-01 Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Profec E-01 Problem

My Profec E-01 Center Unit appears to have gone bad. Although it still seems to be interacting with the E-Manage to some extent the E-01 Display Unit is showing no life. Testing with a multimeter shows the E-01 Center Unit is getting power and sending some sort of signal to the Display Unit. If I disconnect the Display Unit from the Center Unit the check engine light illuminates. According to my wideband gauge my a/f leans out when I begin to boost under acceleration which leads me to believe I am running the stock fuel map. Greddy will not provide me any replacement parts, and I have not had much luck finding just a Center Unit on eBay or any forums. My only option seems to be to save up and buy a new Profec E-01 system and part everything else out I don't need. That could take some time and I'd like to have a driveable car until then. I was wondering what would happen if I disconnected the Profec E-01 from my E-Manage. Could I just adjust the screws on my E-Manage to have basic fuel management for the time being? Also, if I remove power from the E-01 Center Unit what would the Boost Control Solenoid do... does it have a default boost pressure it'll revert to? close off completley? or what?

Lol sorry for such a beastly first post!
Thanks for your help guys