Notices

PROCHARGER questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PROCHARGER questions

ok well i got on there web site and read up as much as i can on them but i have come to realize that they only make a kit for a 99 -00 SI civic..and the universal on e...but what i was wondering would i be able to use the procharger kit on my crx seeings as i will still have the B series motor ...or i should buy the one or an integra since i have an Ls vtec set up ..but still i have more questions ..what is the difference in the kits and why would it not work for my crx or if it would the cool ...but also are there any dealers or web sites that actually have prices ...all of them say to call for pricing .....also if any of you have any good write ups on them then please send me the link

thanks
zach
Old 12-01-2004, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: PROCHARGER questions (slo_crx)

Don't buy a procharger.

See that boost curve that lags behind every other boost curve? That's a centrifugal supercharger, which is exactly what a Procharger is. It makes less power, less mid range power, less torque than a turbocharger, and is more expensive. Why would you choose it?
Old 12-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PROCHARGER questions (boosted92)

well i was told that prochargers are one of the best super chargers and i heard that they are really good power makers ..also my friend has one on ehis GSR and it made 350 whp stock ..
Old 12-01-2004, 02:49 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slo_crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i was told that prochargers are one of the best super chargers and i heard that they are really good power makers ..also my friend has one on ehis GSR and it made 350 whp stock ..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well one time I was told that all white people were bad, and were the worst race on the planet. Also, one time I saw a white guy in prison, so they all must be horrible.

See how stupid that last comment was? It's heresay bullshit that means nothing. Let me guess, you HEARD that they're such a great blower from somebody who sells them, or somebody who has never owned or driven a SMALL DISPLACEMENT motor with one, right? Did you even look at that boost curve? Click on it, it makes it bigger. See how badly it lags behind the turbo even right off idle? See how it produces dick for mid range power? Centrifugal superchargers suck on small displacement motors, period, end of story.

Keep in mind right now I OWN a car with a centrifugal blower on it (Vortech YS-trim) so I know what they're like.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:54 PM

Vortec, Procharger = on small motors.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PROCHARGER questions (slow poke)

def. not sleep ...on the other side of that pic is a huge *** blingy snail about 10 inches long and 4 inches wide ...but i do agree with where yall are coming from and i was already turboed and i do like that alot and it is way better for power..seeings how this is gonna be a full drag car looks like im not gonna consider looking into them any more
Old 12-01-2004, 05:56 PM

not a sleeper at all but they can make power. you can hear the procharger from a mile away. you cant see them.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well it is an all out race car but i am also trying to be different ...but im not considering the procharger any more ..and i could care less about how many super charged race cars there are im going with sumthing diff..well at least that was the plan ..for know im just building it and i havent really decided where i want to go with it yet
Old 12-02-2004, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slo_crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">..also my friend has one on ehis GSR and it made 350 whp stock ..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Am I the only one calling B.S. on this statement?

350 WHP out of a stock GSR + procharger? Hahahahahaha....uhm... no....

Post up the dyno sheet and prove me wrong if you want to! I just don't see it happening!
Old 12-02-2004, 09:18 AM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't buy a procharger.

See that boost curve that lags behind every other boost curve? That's a centrifugal supercharger, which is exactly what a Procharger is. It makes less power, less mid range power, less torque than a turbocharger, and is more expensive. Why would you choose it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah if that bottom curve is the way the procharger does things, then i'd pass.

but that graph shouldn't be used as if it were written in stone or anything.
i have a JRSC(eaton) on my sohc, 1.5L supercharged, sounds like it shouldn't work well right? Wrong, it's great, and that graph shows the eaton tapering of after 5k rpm, but mine actually BUILDS boost and keeps building it until I run out of revs(around 7.5to8krpm).

Old 12-02-2004, 10:54 AM

The GSR i now own used to have one on it.. it was my cousin's before i got it.. it made nice power but did not come close to making the power that a turbo is capable of making.. it was definately sleeper tho, very clean under the hood and the snail is virtually hidden.. but as soon as you turn the car on, that thing whines really loud..

Save this clip and you can hear it.. its the first car on the dyno.. listen to it as it whines when leaving the garage.. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=686872
Old 12-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so are u still saying not to get it cause i was think on it for an si?? an i saw hondatuning ???
Old 12-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't buy a procharger.

See that boost curve that lags behind every other boost curve? That's a centrifugal supercharger, which is exactly what a Procharger is. It makes less power, less mid range power, less torque than a turbocharger, and is more expensive. Why would you choose it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

does that lag have anything to do the fact that its made to build boost with revs??
Old 12-12-2004, 08:41 PM

well if you want to argue...
i had one on b16a2 and it made crazy power on STOCK MOTOR! i will argue on behalf of PROCHARGER because from experience it made alot of power for me.....that graph seems a little fishy because from my experience with the right tuning that lag is non existent... at least for me... my power curve was constant... welll whatever as for the stealthyness of the kit... that was cool but water is a problem dont get it twisted ....make you own decisions guys ....you all know rolling up with a huge *** intercooler and a blow off valve is soo played out.... so whatever you choose... keep em guessing.... thats my choice..

as for you ideas on mounting the kit onto crx..... as long as your running any b series the mounting equipment will fit fine to the block but its the piping length and clearance off the ground that is more of an issue...i would expect some problems but nothing a group of guys or a mechanic couldnt figure out....

THE TWO KITS ARE THE SAME!!!!!!!! whether gsr or b16 they are completely the same...

unfortunately the price tag is very UGLY! for the money most people would rather just go turbo.... or just stay na.... but i can vouch....the reliability and horsepower increase on a stock motor is crazy... if you do decide to get it you wouldnt be unhappy i can guarentee that.... i loved it while it lasted for me ....

oh by the way im selling my kit...
Old 12-12-2004, 08:50 PM

Default Re: PROCHARGER questions (jdmek910)

and by the way 350 hp gsr with head work and bolt ons and a nice tune.... definitely possible!!!

kit makes 280 horsepower on stock b16a2

dont believe me .... ask procharger.... because they are the only company who has not lowered there initial specs.... it is proven to make 70% more hp on stock engine .... and 70% of 160 is about 120.... so whp i dont know but to the crank definitely 280.... ITS PROVEN SO DONT HATE ..... PROVEN THAT THEIR INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS MAKE THE MOST HP OUT THEIR ON PUMP GAS.....
Old 12-12-2004, 11:29 PM

On my car before i owned it, it was my cousin's first, it made 243 and a really low tq number at 7.5psi tuned by Mase..
Old 12-13-2004, 07:12 PM

oh yea .... what he said.....