Notices

Procharger ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 11:14 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger ?

anyone ever heard any feedback about procharger? it has a kit for Civic Si and Integra GSR. it can be viewd at http://www.procharger.com, what do you guys think of it? Any feedback would be nice. i think it is CARB legal thats why i'm looking at it
Old 08-02-2003, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Procharger ? (integrx)

the charger hangs down insanely low for my tastes. It's like mounted on the driver side near the bottom of the bumper. If you were to hit something or run over something , say goodbye to it.

Modified by avex at 12:33 AM 8/3/2003
Old 08-03-2003, 10:25 AM
GSRswapandslow

i agree with the fitment issues.

and as everyone knows....S/C SUCK. For the price of that...you can have a very nice turbo setup, have better curves, make more power, make it more efficently, and have more tuning options.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GSRswapandbanned)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GSRswapandbanned &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i agree with the fitment issues.

and as everyone knows....S/C SUCK. For the price of that...you can have a very nice turbo setup, have better curves, make more power, make it more efficently, and have more tuning options.</TD></TR></TABLE>

kind of a banner statement, with not alot of research, I got my SC setup for less then I could price out a turbo setup, and it's going to work out great for me

so I guess not everyone knows

peace

Nick
Old 08-03-2003, 11:44 AM
GSRswapandslow

i was talkinga bout kits.

and I'm sure that my turbo setup was cheaper than your S/C setup as well.

Turbos are better for hondas...hands down. Even the shittiest turbo will 99% of the time be more efficent than a S/C.
Old 08-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Turbo's aren't for everyone. So get off the honda-tech turbo bandwagon.

Turbos and superchargers both have their advantages and disadvantages.

In my opinion supercharge is more reliable and has a less maintanence and less things to worry about going wrong.

Yes a turbo may be more mechically efficent than a supercharger. But compare the adiabatic efficiency of a Intercooler supercharger and intercooler turbo, they are going to be very close.
Old 08-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GSRswapandbanned &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i agree with the fitment issues.

and as everyone knows....S/C SUCK. For the price of that...you can have a very nice turbo setup, have better curves, make more power, make it more efficently, and have more tuning options.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I will step off this one. The procharget setup is a great unit. I have seen many high HP Procharger setups on domestics. I agree, the fitment is too low for my liking, but if that blower is anything like the ones that they sell for the domestics, then that should make some serious power.

J
Old 08-03-2003, 03:43 PM
Banned

Default Re: (MachAF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MachAF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> But compare the adiabatic efficiency of a Intercooler supercharger and intercooler turbo, they are going to be very close.</TD></TR></TABLE>
adiabatic - somebody took some thermodynamics
Old 08-03-2003, 03:45 PM
GSRswapandslow

domestic YES, import NO

v8's benifit much more than 4's from this type of setup. Why do you not see any pro racers using them??? BECASUE THEY SUCK COMPARED TO TURBOS.

And I am by no means part of a "honda-tech band wagon" That's the ******* most ignorant thing I've seen posted today. The reason people use turbo is because it works. Douche.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Blown90hatcH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blown90hatcH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I will step off this one. The procharget setup is a great unit. I have seen many high HP Procharger setups on domestics. I agree, the fitment is too low for my liking, but if that blower is anything like the ones that they sell for the domestics, then that should make some serious power.

J</TD></TR></TABLE>

Speaking of domestics, I got a friend making almost 700whp on his LS1 with an intercooled Procharger.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Procharger ? (integrx)

Can anyone thats has a Procharger, on a Honda say anything? I think the kit is a nice "street" kit, with low maintance compared to a turbo....but like said before hangs pretty low.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Procharger ? (COOKIEPUSS)

This thread has been hijacked.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:42 AM
New User

Default Re: Procharger ? (Benbuilt4u)

Procharger also has a very nice 350Z kit. They did the JIC suspension companies 350Z. Very tite.