gt35r .82 a/r

Neptune

b16a head mild p&p and a 3 angle valve job
full ferrrea set up
gsr cams
GE cam gears and fuel rail with aeromotive fpr
PSI Proformance turbo manifold
gsr throttlebody
this is where I need some input I have itr intake manifold I was planning on having it ported along with the tb but would it make more sense to buy a turbo manifold and use the bored out tb or use the p&p itr manifold?thanks in advance

Old 10-08-2005, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: poor man's r (HondaCivicSiR1)

bump for some input not flaming
Old 10-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what type of driving will you doing street/strip. I'd say leave it if your going street cause using the itr intake mani will gain lots of high end but you'll sacrifice your mid-range. Your setup looks fine as is.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:01 PM
ham
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

sounds like a good setup, but maybe a little more aggressive cams to pick up some more revs/hp?
Old 10-08-2005, 11:03 PM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Go with the .63ar
PM me if you are looking for GSR cams
Old 10-09-2005, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: poor man's r (White Smoke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go with the .63ar
PM me if you are looking for GSR cams </TD></TR></TABLE>thanks but i already have gsr cams and thanks to everyone input and this is going in a ef hatch that is strictly a drag car. bump for some more input
Old 10-09-2005, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaCivicSiR1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> going in a ef hatch that is strictly a drag car </TD></TR></TABLE>

Go with the JG/ edelbrock mani
Old 10-09-2005, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: poor man's r (DRAGLS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DRAGLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Go with the JG/ edelbrock mani</TD></TR></TABLE>if i go with a turbo manifold I'm gunna use the GE manifold.keep the comments coming
Old 10-09-2005, 10:06 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaCivicSiR1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if i go with a turbo manifold I'm gunna use the GE manifold.keep the comments coming </TD></TR></TABLE>

The GE manifold is a lot more money for basically no performance gain over a VictorX.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:11 AM

theres a str are intake manifold on ht for b16 head. str and ge are very similar
Old 10-09-2005, 10:13 AM
ham
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: poor man's r

he has an ITR manifold already, I think he should use that one with a hondata spacer. I dont see a significant power gain for spending another $200+

and as far as p&p, i would touch an ITR manifold, unless you got done professionally and flow tested.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: poor man's r (ham)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ham &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he has an ITR manifold already, I think he should use that one with a hondata spacer. I dont see a significant power gain for spending another $200+

and as far as p&p, i would touch an ITR manifold, unless you got done professionally and flow tested. </TD></TR></TABLE>if it does get it won't be done by me and i already have a hondata intake gasket man do love all of this input.lol
do guys think that a cable tranny w/ a aftermarket lsd or spool can handle 5-600 whp that is my goal number

Modified by HondaCivicSiR1 at 12:03 PM 10/9/2005
Old 10-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: poor man's r (ham)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ham &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he has an ITR manifold already, I think he should use that one with a hondata spacer. I dont see a significant power gain for spending another $200+

and as far as p&p, i would touch an ITR manifold, unless you got done professionally and flow tested. </TD></TR></TABLE>

He could easily sell that itr im for $150 and get a used victor x for ~$200.

Victor x
Old 10-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ditch the exspensive block that your gonna make ls anyway. Ls block vs that block you'll save 400 easy. Screw the cam gears you won't even use. Save your self money on the head and just get the parts to beef it. You could hit your goal without those things. You said poor right. Good choice on the header. I have the str intake on my motor in daves garage. 3 bills check it out. i'll have your traction bars done soon.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: poor man's r (2.0Coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2.0Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ditch the exspensive block that your gonna make ls anyway. Ls block vs that block you'll save 400 easy. Screw the cam gears you won't even use. Save your self money on the head and just get the parts to beef it. You could hit your goal without those things. You said poor right. Good choice on the header. I have the str intake on my motor in daves garage. 3 bills check it out. i'll have your traction bars done soon.</TD></TR></TABLE>steve are you running block girdle on your 800+ whp monster?cool just tell dave to give me a call when the traction bars are done and you got pm'd
Old 10-09-2005, 02:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2.0Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ditch the exspensive block that your gonna make ls anyway. Ls block vs that block you'll save 400 easy. Screw the cam gears you won't even use. Save your self money on the head and just get the parts to beef it. You could hit your goal without those things. You said poor right. Good choice on the header. I have the str intake on my motor in daves garage. 3 bills check it out. i'll have your traction bars done soon.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Jeff Evans has been seeing massive gains tuning the cam gears on all the cars he tunes, so I wouldn't exactly say they're garbage or useless.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: poor man's r (turboEGhatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboEGhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Jeff Evans has been seeing massive gains tuning the cam gears on all the cars he tunes, so I wouldn't exactly say they're garbage or useless.</TD></TR></TABLE>yea i'm that are people that making good power with cam gears but coming from a guy that 800+ whp civic i'm sure that he not wrong by saying that ethier I'm new to F/I scene so i will take any good help i can get
Old 10-09-2005, 03:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2.0Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ditch the exspensive block that your gonna make ls anyway. Ls block vs that block you'll save 400 easy. Screw the cam gears you won't even use. Save your self money on the head and just get the parts to beef it. You could hit your goal without those things. You said poor right. Good choice on the header. I have the str intake on my motor in daves garage. 3 bills check it out. i'll have your traction bars done soon.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Right, it would be awesome to loose oil squirters, a main cap girdle, and stiffening webbing on the block.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: poor man's r (nfn15037)

I didn't say cam gears are garbage or useless. Easy there axe to the head I run ls blocks with girdles and save myself some money. They are more than strong enough for what he wants.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2.0Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I didn't say cam gears are garbage or useless. Easy there axe to the head I run ls blocks with girdles and save myself some money. They are more than strong enough for what he wants. </TD></TR></TABLE>yea but to get a gsr block for $150 doesn't often so if i can sell my ls block that i was going to use for my all motor ls/vtec then it works good i think anyone else?
Old 10-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i made 616whp on pretty much the same set up......on a dynojet.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: poor man's r (Turbo-charged)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-charged &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i made 616whp on pretty much the same set up......on a dynojet.</TD></TR></TABLE>anyone in here making that kind of power with a cable b16 tranny?
Old 10-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what year is the car? do yourself a favor and get a hydro tranny and a twin disk clutch
Old 10-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: poor man's r (Turbo-charged)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-charged &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what year is the car? do yourself a favor and get a hydro tranny and a twin disk clutch</TD></TR></TABLE>1990 dx hatch,so is that a no a cable can't handle 5-600 whp?
Old 10-11-2005, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaCivicSiR1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1990 dx hatch,so is that a no a cable can't handle 5-600 whp?</TD></TR></TABLE>anyone else

Quick Reply: poor man's r