Notices

please i need some help about s/c

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please i need some help about s/c

hey there everyone, i just got a 97 gsr and i was wonderin........since i dont want to end up wasting money, does supercharger give youw low end torque without sacrificing top end? does it even matter if i ahve low end as long as my gsr motor has lots of top end? wen racing i get a good launch but i start off behind the guy but then i end up winning because of the top end? does supercharger help with the lowend oppose to turbo? in other words, which give you more lowend power, supercharger or turbocharger.
thanks
Old 07-05-2004, 07:56 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 221 Likes on 198 Posts
Default Re: please i need some help about s/c (hondaACCORD)

Save yourself the money and time....and go TURBO instead!!! Come on now...How many race cars out there on the drag racing circuit uses superchargers...NONE that I can think of!!
Old 07-05-2004, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: please i need some help about s/c (NVturbo)

A JRSC blower gives you a nice broad powercurve. Boost comes on very rapidly and stays there for most of the rev range but begins to fall off on the top end.

Vortech gives you a crap peaky power curve. Boost comes on very slowly, not a whole lot of low end power is added but you get a fair amount of power on the top end. Boost builds totally linearly with RPM's; as the revs increase the boost increases.

Turbos don't quit give you the grunt off idle that a JRSC does, but once they're spooled the power is amazing. Looks somewhat like a JRSC curve shifted to the right 2000, boost is a little later but it holds on stronger on the top end. A typical turbo on a stock honda is going to be seeing full boost anywhere from 3000-4000 RPM's and will hold that all the way to redline.

An 8 pound JRSC car vs. an 8 pound intercooled turbo car (drag, maxrev, whatever), the blower car doesn't stand a chance with equal drivers.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: please i need some help about s/c (hondaACCORD)

The thing about the JRSC is, its not so much low end power that you get as much as its the drivability of instant boost. That isnt really all that great on a FWD car...when I was JRSC'd, traction was TOUGH to get from a stop. I dont know how these guys successfully launch on street tires.

You have to ask yourself...how much driving do you do at 2K RPM, and would you ever hammer it at that low RPM anyway?