Notices

piece of crap intercooler piping...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default piece of crap intercooler piping...

i recently finished my turbo setup on my b16, and im definitely happy with the results, but 2 problems....

#1 i dont have room for piping/filter for the turbo, i guess i need the block shaved more, but even then i have some sort of clutch line or something running next to it, so i just have steel mesh right now....

and the biggest problem is..
#2 the guy who installed my kit @ autolink... he cut holes in my bumper because my piping stuck out a bit, he couldnt cut and reweld or nothing, he took my oem fogs out and now i have some uglyass piping sticking out the sides where the fogs used to be... anyone know who or where i can get piping done so that my foglights will fit again? and i dont know how to weld so cant do it myself
TIA
Old 08-28-2003, 08:43 PM
New User

Default Re: piece of crap intercooler piping... (JDEM1)

LOL @ n00b.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: piece of crap intercooler piping... (SiR Kid)

i need help, not "lol n00b"
Old 08-28-2003, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDEM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i need help, not "lol n00b" </TD></TR></TABLE>

im guessing you have an EK and a maxrev kit maybe?

with the EKs its very hard tro have foglights and i/c piping. My best advice to you is to look at it and see where piping needs to go, if there's room etc and then make the piping go that way yourself.

Not to make you feel bad etc, but paying someone to put the kit on for you was a big mistake. If you did it youself it would've been done correctly, just might've taken a while.

I'm not sure what to tell you,
ryan
Old 08-28-2003, 10:19 PM

Default Re: piece of crap intercooler piping... (tegasaurus)

if the color of the piping really bugs you, if you have a jack and a screwdriver, you'll be able to remove the piping, and paint it a black color so that it is not as noticable.

As for cutting and re-welding, you can take the piping to a muffler shop and tell them what needs to be done to make it fit.

Or, jack the car up and check to see where the problem lies, perhaps all you need to do is make a cut or two, if that's all it is, im sure you have a neighbor or someone who has a chop-saw that you could borrow to cut and make the pipes fit. Then if you need to make some intercooler beads, im sure a muffler shop could do it for you for not too much $ (since it takes only a few minutes)

hope this helps..

Brad
Old 08-28-2003, 10:39 PM

Default Re: piece of crap intercooler piping... (lazerus)

Yea, his intercooler pipes are bulging out of the location of the fog lights, it's literally out of the bumper. =/ Looks like autolink went crazy on his bumper with a saw..

I can take some pictures for him, if he decides to come swing by my house, so that you guys can actually see what the problems are, in detail.

Old 08-29-2003, 01:24 AM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDEM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i need help, not "lol n00b" </TD></TR></TABLE>

If you needed so much help, then why didn't you go into detail?

Things like what chassis, what turbo kit, and what year tend to help out the helping process around here.

One again. U = No0b.
Old 08-31-2003, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: piece of crap intercooler piping... (SiR Kid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiR Kid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you needed so much help, then why didn't you go into detail?

Things like what chassis, what turbo kit, and what year tend to help out the helping process around here.

One again. U = No0b.</TD></TR></TABLE>

um, i made it pretty clear that i just need to know who/where can custom weld piping so that it will be a better fitment, its not that hard.

"one again. U = idiot"