Notices

peicing a turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default peicing a turbo

im wanting to try and peice together a turbo for my car..is a drag ..rev hard..etc etc downpipe all the same??..will one bolt to another??....same goes for turbo??.if not is there any certain way of determining what part will interchange with what.first attempt to peice a turbo together and am not lookin to go all out..jsut some thing simple to i could ge tthe idea...tahnx all
Old 02-27-2002, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: peicing a turbo (1sick4door)

first attempt to peice a turbo together and am not lookin to go all out..jsut some thing simple to i could ge tthe idea...tahnx all
If your not looking to go all out then dont go turbo. Everyone here, or that ever went turbo will pretty much vouch for this.
Also, nothing is simple about turbocharging.
Old 02-27-2002, 01:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: peicing a turbo (93LSivic)

If your not looking to go all out then dont go turbo. Everyone here, or that ever went turbo will pretty much vouch for this.
Also, nothing is simple about turbocharging.
True True, a turbo is a finicky item and can be hard to tune and evan to get to run right (especially peicing it together). My advice to you would be if you dont want to go all out , just save a few dollars and maybe get a jrsc, not as much performance but allmost dummy proof (not saying your a dummy), there a few dollars cheaper and pretty simple.................. just my 2 cents...
Old 02-27-2002, 11:48 AM

i just didnt think i should go all out on a first turbo im trying to pueice together...i would love to just jump into a big turbo set up but tehn again my enigne probably wouldnt abel to handle it...i am wanting to understand turbo and how it works so i furgured i would stat off with a lil one then work up to better and bigger ones later when my engine could handle it.........so would most down turbo parts be interchangable from one company to another(rev hard..drag...greddyy...etc etc...
Old 02-27-2002, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i just didnt think i should go all out on a first turbo im trying to pueice together...i would love to just jump into a big turbo set up but tehn again my enigne probably wouldnt abel to handle it...i am wanting to understand turbo and how it works so i furgured i would stat off with a lil one then work up to better and bigger ones later when my engine could handle it.........so would most down turbo parts be interchangable from one company to another(rev hard..drag...greddyy...etc etc...
I am wanting to understand how you got past composition class in 4th grade?

Damn. Well there goes my user rating.......
Old 02-27-2002, 12:08 PM

i never did past the 4th grade... i never even went to school....wanted to but couldnt then y dont i go now u ask...just too lazy to....but if it made you feel any better making that comment then im happy for ya...all i wanted to know was are most parts interchagable??..but instead you write back about everything else but that...you couldve just typed yes or no which would have been so much easier.....can some one please tell if most of the parts are interchangable????
Old 02-27-2002, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here's your answer.....
https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch
Old 02-27-2002, 12:47 PM

Default Re: peicing a turbo (Slow_ass_4dr)

thanx but ive tried searching...both recent and archived....its probably becasue i typed in the wrong topic..any ideas??...
Old 02-27-2002, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

to make it easier....those parts will not interchange....the only thing that will probably interchange from the manifold area is the turbo itself
Old 02-27-2002, 01:39 PM

Default Re: peicing a turbo (Slow_ass_4dr)

thanx thats all i needed
Old 02-27-2002, 02:13 PM

You can blow your engine up JUST as easy with a small turbo as you can with a big turbo. 6psi can blow your engine up. 4psi can blow your engine up.

Sky high RPMs + lean condition = one sad honda owner.

Wanting to learn? Start with books..... Maximum boost isnt too bad. You might learn something. There are lots of books out there. Go for it.