Notices

part one of project boost.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default part one of project boost.

Here are the first few shipments from summit racing, zeitronix, wiredspeed lab....still waiting on the turbo and gauges and oil pick-up.

heres IMO the latest and greatest wideband o2 setup with datalogging $288.00 shipped...not bad I think.

heres the hondata s200 with boost.

pretty small

not many connections to worry with

my chip set

props to golden eagle racing for quality and craftsman ship on the vacuum manifold

you have to drill out each port you plan to use...I was curious if I had to plug them up or not. guess not!

my favorite thing so far is this tricked out oil pan from moroso. its kickout to hold 5 quarts and the angle its kicked out helps fight against oil getting slammed up on the sides, it has baffles inside that only lets oil through one way to it traps oil in a chamber. it also has a magnetic drain plug and two welded bungs one for engine oil temp and the one shown is for the turbo oil return line.

Sorry if these pictures turn out to be huge. I know how h-t loves pictures and I figured I would post some. hope you enjoy them. for anyone who is interested I have a short mpeg of the oil pan showing the baffles and what not. any way, I need my turbo!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2004, 05:46 PM

Default Re: part one of project boost. (Syner-G-Racing)

sweet....good luck with the project
Old 08-29-2004, 06:34 PM

good ****, but why didn't you just get a triple gauge pod instead of a double and a single? Oh yea, and ditch the iridiums, they're junk. Go with oem ngk's, they work the best.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:39 PM

thats tight..... i wish i bought that moroso oil pan but instead i did it custom on my stock oil pan which i need to put more j-b weld
Old 08-29-2004, 07:43 PM

Looks like a pretty great setup. Congrats.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:43 PM

Good stuff
Old 08-29-2004, 07:54 PM

Default Re: part one of project boost. (mp7235)

Nice, doing it right
Old 08-29-2004, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the free, whoever told you that is your enemy
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: part one of project boost. (95excoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95excoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice, doing it right </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah always nice to see. I'm so sick of seeing people using AFC hacks, and FMUs. For doing **** right. tell me you are building the bottom end too.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had that oil pan, but I sold it because I realized that the $400 was better invested into something else. Although It does look trick . .
Old 08-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: part one of project boost. (zseeanz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zseeanz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good ****, but why didn't you just get a triple gauge pod instead of a double and a single? Oh yea, and ditch the iridiums, they're junk. Go with oem ngk's, they work the best.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I Have a proforms shift light mounted on my a pillar but I also like my gauges to be higher up on the pillar than the triple pod will allow. Ill give the iridiums a shot, but I agree the oem ngk-r's rock.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXBart &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah always nice to see. I'm so sick of seeing people using AFC hacks, and FMUs. For doing **** right. tell me you are building the bottom end too. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Im only gonna run 7-8 psi with the set up at first so the internals should be good for a while. I plan on up grading to 310cc rc's injectors and ferra valve train, not sure on cam's yet still researching that. as for the bottom end at the most I'll throw a good rod and piston in there and have the crank knife edged and turned (maybe a cyro/shotpeening). thats down the road after it comes off the road and strictly for the track. <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m R g S r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had that oil pan, but I sold it because I realized that the $400 was better invested into something else. Although It does look trick . . </TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah its a good chunk of change that could have been used a little more wisely but my oil pan had been dented pretty bad from the crate it was sitting on (it broke, packing company sucks!) I figured I would wait and replace it with this one once I got the turbo setup. heres a short mpeg of what the original oil pan looks like http://www.we-todd-did-racing....DE%3D

Ill post the rest of the pics when I get the turbo kit and turbo timer etc.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:30 PM

thats nice man...dont you just love the UPS man...
Old 08-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lanojp1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lanojp1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats nice man...dont you just love the UPS man...</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah...were on a first name basis. He comes straight to my house when he comes to my area (and I have a shippment). I work on his car for him so he gives me the good treatment with tracking and returns etc. he races a mustang cobra 14.11 at 102. I have suspicion that he's gonna misplace my turbo...so he want get smoked by my civic at the track!
Old 08-30-2004, 01:44 AM

Default Re: (Syner-G-Racing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXBart &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah always nice to see. I'm so sick of seeing people using AFC hacks, and FMUs. For doing **** right. tell me you are building the bottom end too. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i am POSITIVE if everyone had the money to buy hondata,they would,and no one would be running fmu's or the hack.so for you to say you are so sick of people using the hack and fmu's is pretty much irrelavant.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Very nice, hope everything goes good.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:37 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

NICE PARTS YO
What turbo do you plan on running with this set up?
Old 08-30-2004, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: part one of project boost. (si2die4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by si2die4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NICE PARTS YO
What turbo do you plan on running with this set up?</TD></TR></TABLE>
I have a drag 3 on the way with tial w/g and greddy bov and a greddy full turbo timer. from ricky at wired speed lab
Old 08-30-2004, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (quik sol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quik sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Very nice, hope everything goes good.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks bro....hope you get all your **** striaght with that ate up shop that jack your **** up!
Old 08-30-2004, 10:50 AM

Nice stuff you got there. I just received my moroso oil pan the other day
Have you gotten the oil pick up yet to go with the pan?
Old 08-30-2004, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EM1 MIKE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EM1 MIKE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice stuff you got there. I just received my moroso oil pan the other day
Have you gotten the oil pick up yet to go with the pan?</TD></TR></TABLE>
no not yet. its on the way...you ask like there's something you want to know?
Old 08-30-2004, 02:09 PM

I was just a little confused since for a b16 it says to get the non-vtec oil pick up, but I got it figured out.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, I'm glad I'm not at that stage anymore.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EM1 MIKE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EM1 MIKE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was just a little confused since for a b16 it says to get the non-vtec oil pick up, but I got it figured out. </TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah it can get a little confusing sometimes. good you got it straight though
Old 09-04-2004, 06:38 PM

I can't wait the day that I can put my hands on those kind of baby's ! I hope it turns good 4 you at the dyno !How much do you think you're going to get?
Old 09-04-2004, 06:43 PM

wired speed kicks so much ***...i just got all my fuel stuff from them (injectors, fuel pump)...shipped fast as ****
Old 09-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: part one of project boost. (bodea_florian)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bodea_florian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can't wait the day that I can put my hands on those kind of baby's ! I hope it turns good 4 you at the dyno !How much do you think you're going to get?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Im shooting for 275-300hp to start off. I dont want any more than that until up upgrade the valve train.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lanojp1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wired speed kicks so much ***...i just got all my fuel stuff from them (injectors, fuel pump)...shipped fast as ****</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah they've got great prices I still havent got my turbo yet, I'm having a little trouble getting the tracking info...but its ok...I know ricky will take care of me.

Quick Reply: part one of project boost.