Notices

Overboost delays

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overboost delays

Anybody have problems with http://www.overboost.com/obs ?
I ordered an autometer boost guage from them on 7/17 and am still waiting for the damn thing. According to their package tracking the thing hasen't even been shipped. They claim the Autometer Street Rod series boost guage is on backorder.
Anybody else having problems getting such a common part?
Old 08-06-2002, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Overboost delays (Replica667)

I had a problem with them when I ordered 2 greddy gauges, one game in the wrong color and I just told them to send it cause my car was going to the shop in a few days for the turbo/gauges everything to be put in, needless to say they dicked me the **** around for days and I didn't get it until the car was in the shop already and I had to mail it to the shop overnight..... was a pain in my ***.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes yes yes they are horrible, worse than IP. I've placed 3 orders and never gotten anything. You'll need to cancel the order. If they don't respond file a chargeback with your CC company. I don't think they ever actually sell anything. Strange place....
Old 08-06-2002, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, go with Summit for your Autometer needs.
Old 08-06-2002, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Overboost delays (93LSivic)

I just canceled the order. I think I'll give summit my business. Maybe I can get a neat JRSC boost guage now....
Old 08-06-2002, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Overboost delays (93LSivic)

I've had problems with overboost.com before also. They won't get my money again. Summit
Old 08-06-2002, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Overboost delays (teamrocket si)

back in the day when i didn't know any better i ordered a DRAG kit from them in december...sent a money order and waited til march...and then they told me they couldn't get it for me anymore...so i decided on an F-Max kit...they got that for me in a month...however...they did throw in several extra's for free like a missing link...and when they were able to get parts they'd next day air it.
Old 10-28-2002, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Overboost delays (kidkutz)

i think it may depend on who you deal with over there. apparently there's a couple guys that are really competent and cool, and a couple jerk-offs.
Old 10-28-2002, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Overboost delays (zoomintegra)

Overboost sucks ***. Their website is generally pretty informative, but their customer service both sucks and blows. I ordered my A'PEXi Power filter from them, and waited about a month for it to come. I finally called them to complain and get a refund, but the guy was like "Oh, you want to cancel? Hold on, let me check on it...", after a couple minutes he came back on the phone,"Um, I can't cancel it because it was shipped out yesterday." So I asked him for a tracking number and got,"I can't find it right now, you can call back,or we can email it to you." So I told him to email it to me, and three days later, there was still no tracking number, but later that same day, there was a box on my doorstep that had been sent UPS 2-day THE DAY AFTER I had called to cancel. Long story short, they sat on my order for a month before processing it, and when I called to cancel, they lied about having already shipped it and not being able to cancel. I guess I should consider myself lucky for having received my order at all.