Notices

Open Downpipe Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 08:52 PM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Open Downpipe Pictures

First off: I did search

Question: After reading the recent open downpipe loudness thread, I started to wonder. Anyone care to tell where they have their <U>open</U> downpipe routed to? Such as, do you have a turn down facing the ground right before the cat? Orrr even better, do any of you have a not-so-normal setup? I'd be interested to see pictures if anyone has routed one to the side of the car.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Open Downpipe Pictures (AF-P Dunc)

I have some other pics, lemme find them and I will add them tomorrow. It has a turndown on the end of the DP, as well as a spring/brace which is not pictured.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Open Downpipe Pictures (powerofdreams8)

heres mine .... for now.... my DP didn't make it past my Oil return fitting so i had to chop it for the time being....

Old 04-25-2006, 04:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Open Downpipe Pictures (PhantomX)

street car from 04

Old 04-25-2006, 04:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Open Downpipe Pictures (Dturbocivic)

my friends racecar

Old 04-25-2006, 04:54 AM

Lovin the color on that thing.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:59 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhantomX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">heres mine .... for now.... my DP didn't make it past my Oil return fitting so i had to chop it for the time being....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

so did you do the right thing and move your return line fitting?? I dont see why you put it over there anyway. looks like it's crimping the tube a little.

wonder how hot that tube is getting anyway with the exhaust being dumped right on top of it.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Open Downpipe Pictures (stackz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stackz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wonder how hot that tube is getting anyway with the exhaust being dumped right on top of it. </TD></TR></TABLE>
that was my first thought too.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Open Downpipe Pictures (notoriousB)

In my experience side exit downpipes are much quieter in-car then ones that go under the pan and then terminate.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Open Downpipe Pictures (powerofdreams8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by powerofdreams8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In my experience side exit downpipes are much quieter in-car then ones that go under the pan and then terminate.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd agree with this from just my dumptube routing. I have it going out my passenger wheel well at the bottom of the bumper. Its very quiet in car, even with windows open. I went into boost under an overpass yesterday though... and it was F'ing loud when bounced back to me
Old 04-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">street car from 04

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dave,

Isnt this that same setup that was in the White car that was there? If so Brian, thats probably the best place to put it. Wont hear as much noise since its away from the car.

That setup was sweet on the white one...
Old 04-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i wonder if that'd be too much weight on the manifold with the downpipe just hanging. i think an ecutout to the ground would be nicer?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:27 AM
BCICAN

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">street car from 04

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm liking that one, it's discreet . Couple questions though about it:

1.) Could this cause any heating issues with the tires, or is that no a big deal?
2.) Is you ehaust outlet on the drivers side? I'm thinking it might be easier (straighter design) to route my to the passenger side like that perhaps.
3.) Do you breathe any air or is it just exhaust with that setup? haha I'd rather not die and taking 2 tylenol before trips isn't always fun haha.
4.) Would it be quiter for surrounding cars or just in your car? I'm not worried about the noise in my car as much as I don't want to attact too much unwanted attention.
5.) I like this one more because it's a lot easier to just wash the car off from the soot then it is to wash the underneath of it.
6.) Think you could do that setup without cutting the notch in the front bumper?

Thanks for all the replies guys, it's much appreciated
Old 04-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sweet setup...what kind of manifold is that or who is it from?
Old 04-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Banned

Default Re: Open Downpipe Pictures (JDM_Risa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_Risa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sweet setup...what kind of manifold is that or who is it from?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dave (dturbocivic)and his buddy actually made that manifold themselves. They have some really good fabrication skills.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AF-P Dunc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm liking that one, it's discreet . Couple questions though about it:

1.) Could this cause any heating issues with the tires, or is that no a big deal?
2.) Is you ehaust outlet on the drivers side? I'm thinking it might be easier (straighter design) to route my to the passenger side like that perhaps.
3.) Do you breathe any air or is it just exhaust with that setup? haha I'd rather not die and taking 2 tylenol before trips isn't always fun haha.
4.) Would it be quiter for surrounding cars or just in your car? I'm not worried about the noise in my car as much as I don't want to attact too much unwanted attention.
5.) I like this one more because it's a lot easier to just wash the car off from the soot then it is to wash the underneath of it.
6.) Think you could do that setup without cutting the notch in the front bumper?

Thanks for all the replies guys, it's much appreciated </TD></TR></TABLE>

1. no problems with the tires, it sits about 6-10 inches away from the tires. its towards the very front of the bumper.
2. Little harder to do that way, Im sure dave will clarify it, but i would think the tranny is why he did it that way.
3. Dave is inhaling fumes, hes a crazy hick... lol
4. Quiet in your car, loud as all hell outside.
5. Only if you go underneath it. Then you would have that end part facing down, which would defeat the whole purpose of routing it downward anyways since you dont want to get water in it when your washing the car.

They make some really nice aluminum pieces to go around the pipe and prevent it from melting the bumper, they look real good too.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:09 PM

did you get any numbers on that setup?
Old 04-25-2006, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Open Downpipe Pictures (JoJOzzz...)

I have the side exit, but no cutout in the bumper, it just turns down and ends right between the framerail and bumper. Mine faces the driverside; had to re do my lower radiator hose but it was no problem.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhantomX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude your prolly loosing alot of power from exhaust gases getting sucked into your turbo, that downpipe would fill your ******* engine bay with fumes!
Old 04-25-2006, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Open Downpipe Pictures (shortyz21)

My old setup...

liam
Old 04-26-2006, 01:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Open Downpipe Pictures (liam821)

to answer everyones questions..... i bought the *tapped* oil pan like that for $30 bux... and I had to chop the dp so i can drive it to the tuner..... which they will also fab me a new DP
Old 04-26-2006, 04:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by af-performance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

1. no problems with the tires, it sits about 6-10 inches away from the tires. its towards the very front of the bumper.
2. Little harder to do that way, Im sure dave will clarify it, but i would think the tranny is why he did it that way.
3. Dave is inhaling fumes, hes a crazy hick... lol
4. Quiet in your car, loud as all hell outside.
5. Only if you go underneath it. Then you would have that end part facing down, which would defeat the whole purpose of routing it downward anyways since you dont want to get water in it when your washing the car.

They make some really nice aluminum pieces to go around the pipe and prevent it from melting the bumper, they look real good too.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for taking care of my "secratary " work

yes, we made the manifold on the black civic coupe, the orange race car, and we also made a ram-horn style manifold too. but havent used it yet.

i never got any numbers with the black car. but my red car made 440hp, and the black car would put my red car to shame. the red car doenst even spin in 4th. but the black car would spin the **** out of BFG's(with a spool in the car) ROLLING on it in 4th. yea, it was a gooooood time.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how was that a street car? dont u guys got cops where u from? i get pulled over w/my world sport
Old 04-26-2006, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Open Downpipe Pictures (af-performance)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by af-performance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

who does? i can't find one anywhere! I've actually thought bout making one my self but don't wanna have to do that.. i really don't mean to jack the thread into the wrong direction or anything.. just been lookin for somethin like this for almost a year.

a link to somewhere with bumper flanges for dump tubes would be great!
Old 04-26-2006, 08:05 AM
Banned

Default Re: Open Downpipe Pictures (Running925)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Running925 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who does? i can't find one anywhere! I've actually thought bout making one my self but don't wanna have to do that.. i really don't mean to jack the thread into the wrong direction or anything.. just been lookin for somethin like this for almost a year.

a link to somewhere with bumper flanges for dump tubes would be great!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Let me look it up... Its used on alot of drag fwd cars with side exits...

Quick Reply: Open Downpipe Pictures