Notices

Omni valves, never again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Omni valves, never again!!!

Hi, before a month I bought full set of B16 omni valves. I read a lot bofore to buy them. Today i went to my head work mechanic to check the valves becase I don't like them. For me they looks bent. He put one of them on the milling machine and we were surprised. The valves are very very bend and there is something broken in omni's factory because all of them are bent.
Valve head profile is broken, too. It just sux.
Here are some pics and vids of the valves:
http://s50.photobucket.com/alb...alves/
You can see some of the bent vavles (intake and exhaust), valve profile design, wrong coating and valve sizes. There are pictures with 3 valves on them. The left valve is omni's exhaust, middle is custom made from Peugeot's 306 stock exhaust valve, right supertech's M3 exhaust valve.

Omni? Never again! Don't waste your time and money!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omni valves, never again!!! (PARADOX_sf)

I used a set of his in a D series build. Nothing wrong with them at all. 30k of boosting and still working perfectly.

Shrug.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:58 PM
New User

Were these valves USED before you had them checked? I find it hard to believe the would be BENT brand new out of the box. I have sold many many sets of these valves and NEVER EVER had one person ever have a problem with them.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

These are brand new valves. My head work guy try to fix one of the valves on his valve milling machine and that is the result. It is very bend and it is impossible to use it without heavy corrections.
They looks like the piston hit valve head but are brand new. They do not have any symmetry and they will flow different.

Modified by PARADOX_sf at 4:00 AM 5/9/2008
Old 05-09-2008, 03:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (PARADOX_sf)

send em back they should replace em...

we use those valves all the time, no issues..
Old 05-09-2008, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've previously bought two Omni products, coilvers and clutch master cylinder. The coilovers were crap and the mc broke after one week.

Looks like their quality control haven't gotten any better .
Old 05-09-2008, 06:45 AM
Man U FTW

Rather than bitching to a bunch of random people in an online forum, why didnt you contact the vendor of these valves or bypass them and go straight to Omni? There's nothing we can do other than listen to this rant....

Do something to help yourself or stop whining. I hate to be so blunt (that's a lie), but what can we do to fix anything for you?
Old 05-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

If someone say that OBX is crap everyone will say Yes of course, but for omni nobody will say anything wrong. Why? They are wrong, crap and awful.
I spend more than 200$ for these junk valves and some people are asking me: "I hate to be so blunt (that's a lie), but what can we do to fix anything for you?"

WTF?

Will you buy anything broken???
Old 05-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Man U FTW

You totally disregarded the "important" part of my post. What have you done to right this problem? If its a manufacturer problem, they'll replace the parts...its that easy.

Again, there's nothing any of us can do to fix this for you. **** happens sometimes...get in touch with the people who can fix it for you. How hard is that??
Old 05-09-2008, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am in Europe man. It isn't easy to just replace the valves.
I feel really lied with these omni valves.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Man U FTW

I'm not saying that this situation doesn't suck. Dont get me wrong, i feel for you. I hate dealing with problems when it's someone elses fault. There has to be some way for them to right their fault for you. Who did you buy them through??

If the vendor doesn't do something to fix this for you, contact Omni and tell them of the issue. They'll fix whatever is wrong because their reputation is on the line.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude stop whining like a little girl!! No one on here is gonna fix your problem! Do as everyone has told you and if you dont come right suck it up and move on! **** happens get over it!! No manufacture has a 100% quality control!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:44 AM

Default Re: (steven_highet)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by steven_highet &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> No manufacture has a 100% quality control!</TD></TR></TABLE>

aint that the truth. you are going to run into defects every now and then. its just part of life
Old 05-09-2008, 11:32 AM
New User

Who did you buy the valves from??????
Old 05-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...66246

This is my order.

The problem of the valves:
Old 05-09-2008, 01:54 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PARADOX_sf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...66246

This is my order.

The problem of the valves:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you even tried to contact Peter at IAP about the valves?
Old 05-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cool drawing.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:02 PM

This is very interesting. This person claims to have an issue with all of the valves and that it is not easy to get a replacement yet I have never heard one thing from him? Seems strange to me. Not to mention that I have sold 200+ sets of these with just one issue with them which was resolved quickly.

As everyone else has said, do yourself a favor and contact us or OMNI. We are both more than happy to take care of our customers.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:05 PM
New User

Default Re: Omni valves, never again!!! (ImportAutoPerformance.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ImportAutoPerformance.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is very interesting. This person claims to have an issue with all of the valves and that it is not easy to get a replacement yet I have never heard one thing from him? Seems strange to me. Not to mention that I have sold 200+ sets of these with just one issue with them which was resolved quickly.

As everyone else has said, do yourself a favor and contact us or OMNI. We are both more than happy to take care of our customers. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 05-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Omni valves, never again!!! (ImportAutoPerformance.com)

I didn't expect all the valves but some of them are really bad(intake).
I wrote to omni but now me and the valves are in Europe and this make the things harder.

Modified by PARADOX_sf at 3:55 PM 5/9/2008
Old 05-09-2008, 09:49 PM

peter is awesome. i have ordered ALL my omni stuff from him with great service every time
Old 05-10-2008, 03:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Why does beeing in Europe make it any harder to talk to the guy you got them from? I've had some parts shipped from USA that where wrong and needed to be returned and this never gave me too much trouble, as the companies I had ordered from where very helpful. And mail can go both ways(not only from USA to Europe ) so I do not see this as a problem if you do have to return them to get a replacement set sent out, if there's a defective set I'm sure you will get your expenses covered.

But, trying to fix them locally was not the brightest idea, at least not until having tried to contact the seller/manufacturer about the problems.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how were they packaged? they could have been damaged from shipping. especially if something heavy was placed on the box.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rather than bitching to a bunch of random people in an online forum, why didnt you contact the vendor of these valves or bypass them and go straight to Omni? There's nothing we can do other than listen to this rant....

Do something to help yourself or stop whining. I hate to be so blunt (that's a lie), but what can we do to fix anything for you?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Was going to same the same thing, what good does this do ? Maybe it was a bad batch, maybe something at there factory got tweaked.

These threads do nothing but spread bad rumors.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

schister i dont think he's posting on here to help us, i saw it more as sharing information... like he's warning us.

Quick Reply: Omni valves, never again!!!