Notices

Old-Skool D-Series Babble

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old-Skool D-Series Babble

*WARNING* not for the impatient, yet still not totally pointless

ah, i still remember the days when the b-series/eg hatchback/rota slips w/azenis bandwagon was in full effect. and still i lusted to build my lonely z6 to compete, even if it was handicapped a cam, and maybe even .2 liters. so i quickly jumped onto the still infant sohc greddy bandwagon and rode it for all it was worth. two years later i was up to 10psi with a strong motor and a grin everytime i made the quick trip to full boost. went through 2-3 clutches (stock) but still on the same original motor (and yes i even ran the bluebox with some upgraded fuel parts).

then i put away my turbo torque-steering t-top for a more refined awd subaru, and haven't posted on HT for the longest time. less than year later, i'm still satisfied with my choice, and decided i had already built my last honda. i decided my next car would definitely be either rwd or awd and would be something classier than a honda. i was thinking along the lines of sr20 240sx, rx-7, is300, bmw 3-series.

then just this morning i went out to help an old honda buddy (also a subaru convert) work on a civic that his dad's friend needed help with. the poor dx motor was seized and completely done, and he had a fresh z6 waiting to go in. a couple of hours and 2 vtec wires later, we had the car running nice and clean and with a few more HP than it had before. now i haven't been home for awhile since i've been in college so i didnt realize how many honda parts my friend has accumulated. he showed me a z6 block he had sitting in the backyard and said i could take it if i want. for some reason i got this weird feeling inside and right there on the spot decided that i would build one more last honda.

yes it will be a sohc. yes it will be built. yes it will be boosted. and oh yea, i plan to join the ranks of the 300+ club i've seen more and more sohcs joining. so since i've been combing thru the archives for the past 3 hrs catching up on the honda scene, my eyes are burning and my fingers sore, i must plead you devoted sohc followers to help update me on my management. mainly uberdata and hondata is what i'm looking at. hondata has always been a good bet while uberdata was still young when i left hondas, so i don't know much about it. just a brief comparison of the hardware, tuning and price would be fine. i'll research the other small details in the morning if i ever wake up.

i've already starting making lists and notes of my planned setup and it's coming together nicely for now. i guess i can't deny my love for the honda community, especially all the helpful FI people i've met. and the awesome aftermarket support doesnt hurt either! i hope to see some old friends again and meet some of you new guys

-Alan
Old 05-15-2004, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Old-Skool D-Series Babble (Pengo)

Im doing the same thing, goodluck