Notices

O2 sensor question?????????

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensor question?????????

just wondering if someone could enlighten me... With a DX d16y7 turbo set up, the second o2 sensor is mounted just like any other turbo car. But what about the First o2 sensor??? Where does that go? I'm takling about the o2 sensor that was originally on, ahead of the catalytic converter. Any help appreciated...
Old 11-10-2005, 07:15 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 221 Likes on 198 Posts
Default Re: O2 sensor question????????? (importnoodles)

You can do what most turbo guys would do....mount an O2 bung @ the downpipe a few inches from the dp flange. I didn't have an O2 in my last setup because of Hondata (using "open-loop).
Old 11-11-2005, 07:57 AM

if you're talking about adding new 'wideband' sensor and so what about your old 'narroband' sensor?

you can pick PLX unit, which outputs both narrowband and wideband signals, so you ONLY have 1 sensor in the end.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: (streetrays)

sorry lemme clarify....

a stock D16y7 comes with "2" ..... thats two.... o2 sonsors.

the stock D16Y7 header is a one piece with the catalytic converter. (yea it's ghey)
one of the o2 sensors is like 2 inches before the catalyic converter .... and the second sensor is like 2 inches after the catalytic converter.

since turbo involves removing the header and repacing i with the turbo manifold, the catalytic converter is also removed. Sooooooooooooooo

when i install turbo, what should i do with the o2 sensors? Place them close together or far apart??? or remove one???? help me please??

since one O2 sensor was like "before cat" and the other was a "after cat", what do i do with them when there is now "no cat"?

get a cat??
Old 11-11-2005, 06:08 PM

well, that depends on what ECU you're going to use in your setup. if it's OBD1, usually it only need 1 O2 signal. then you can go back to my prev post.