Notices

Nitrous or Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous or Turbo

I got a 90 LS...130xxx miles. I have spent a TON of money on this car but it is mainly in the looks. Body kit, altezzas, etc. Yes I know...you all hate "riced" out cars. But now it is time to work on the motor. And maybe take care of those tezzas . Now then...I just want a little conservative 50 shot, and I know I need to get 2 step colder plugs. But...do you all recommend nitrous or turbo for such small gains? Also...when not using nitrous during my daily driving and to work etc...isnt my car going to run slower on these colder plugs? Is this going to lower my idle? Please help!
Old 04-12-2003, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Nitrous or Turbo (xstalkrx)

Your car is gay, and so are your udnerbody lights. if you ever drive by someone in dallas who points and laughs at your car, that is me.

btw, go turbo even tho i can see you blowing it up in a month.
Old 04-12-2003, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Nitrous or Turbo (UberTeg)

ouch that's harsh.

how well do you take care of your car and how long has it been urs? i've seen plenty of hi mileage cars go FI and be ok, but if your car hasn't been maintained and taken care of properly then either way you could be askin to blow it up. personally i'd prefer the boost over the juice but to each his own.
Old 04-12-2003, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Come down from your throne Uber, you aren't special. That goes for anyone else that responds so meaningless to a post where I am trying to get a little advice or information on a subject that many of you know about.

Old 04-12-2003, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous or Turbo (Pengo)

I enjoy taking care of my care, inside and out. Every weekend, since my car gets dirty quick here in the DFW area, I wash my car inside and out. Did a little engine bay cleaning earlier today. 132xxx miles and it has been mine for about 5 months now.
Old 04-12-2003, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh and I dont have underbody lights
Old 04-12-2003, 05:51 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xstalkrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Come down from your throne Uber, you aren't special. That goes for anyone else that responds so meaningless to a post where I am trying to get a little advice or information on a subject that many of you know about.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I answered your question and this i how u repay me? it told you to go turbo. So my post wasnt meaningless. And your car is gay, the truth hurts, get over it. There is NOTHING appealing about altezzas unelss you stupid and are attracted to shiny things. And underbody lights in your bumper is gay too, it serves no purpose other than to try to accent your riced out car, which it does nicely.

Back on topic.... go turbo because you dont have to refill it, and you get to have a real BOV, so you can sell your fake BOV and whistle tip on ebay and make some of your money back.
Old 04-12-2003, 05:52 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xstalkrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh and I dont have underbody lights</TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=472796
Old 04-12-2003, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Have since decided against the lights. Trying to reduce some of the rice.
Old 04-12-2003, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UberTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I answered your question and this i how u repay me? it told you to go turbo. So my post wasnt meaningless. And your car is gay, the truth hurts, get over it. There is NOTHING appealing about altezzas unelss you stupid and are attracted to shiny things. And underbody lights in your bumper is gay too, it serves no purpose other than to try to accent your riced out car, which it does nicely.

Back on topic.... go turbo because you dont have to refill it, and you get to have a real BOV, so you can sell your fake BOV and whistle tip on ebay and make some of your money back.</TD></TR></TABLE>

shhhhh...quiet...no need to rat on a car for no reason. If you don't like something on my car, why would you have posted it under this topic? If you had read the original post you would have seen that I was going to take care of the tezzas shortly. Unfortunately, you were just going off on my car for no apparent reason. Rediculous.
Old 04-12-2003, 05:58 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xstalkrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have since decided against the lights. Trying to reduce some of the rice.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you truly believe that, i'll help you out with your next step: http://www.g2ic.com/forums/sho...57216
Old 04-12-2003, 06:01 PM

i didnt mean take care of as in wash and clean. i mean under the hood. when was the last time u had a basic tuneup? how frequently do u do oil changes? hows the air filter, fuel filter, timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, etc. that's what i mean by maintenance. actual mechanical changes under the hood that will help prolong the life of your engine and keep it running well.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im going to pull some lights out of the junkyard as long as they are in decent condition. One thing I'm worried about is how it is going to look with the rest of my car.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous or Turbo (Pengo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pengo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i didnt mean take care of as in wash and clean. i mean under the hood. when was the last time u had a basic tuneup? how frequently do u do oil changes? hows the air filter, fuel filter, timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, etc. that's what i mean by maintenance. actual mechanical changes under the hood that will help prolong the life of your engine and keep it running well. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No prob, I have a mechanic friend of mine does all the work on my car. He checks everything when I take it to him. Oil changes every 2-3K miles. Just checked plugs when doing compression tests. Checked filter during oil change. Everything looks cool. Premium gas...synthetic oil.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I do need to check the fuel filter..thanks for mentioning.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:24 PM

what were your compression #'s?
Old 04-12-2003, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

turbo without a doubt.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

220 in cylinder one. Oil was surrounding the plug. I dont get any black smoke though. 180-190 every where else.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:48 PM
Boostless97Lude

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xstalkrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Come down from your throne Uber, you aren't special. That goes for anyone else that responds so meaningless to a post where I am trying to get a little advice or information on a subject that many of you know about.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
hahahaha.. funny ****, i am going to give you a menaingless post as well

GROW SOME ***** AND DO BOTH!!!!!
Old 04-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous or Turbo (Boosted97Lude)

would have to grow some money as well to do all that. But ya it would be nice.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xstalkrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">220 in cylinder one. Oil was surrounding the plug. I dont get any black smoke though. 180-190 every where else.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, 220 with your LS? did you happen to accidently install a b16 piston in cylidner#1, and ls pistons in theo ther 3 by accident?
Old 04-12-2003, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nope...the engine internals are stock lol. It has to do something with the oil right?
Old 04-12-2003, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, the oil, right....

Uh, buddy, I think you need to pick up a few books on internal combustion engines... head/cam theory, how to build engines, one of the turbo books by Bell or MacInnes (or both), and something on NO2... come back and ask particular Q's about each setup if you still haven't made up your mind by then. It should take you a month or two, more likely six.

I'm not trying to be a jackass, but you *are* dumping high dollar premium gas into a stock low compression LS engine that was meant for 87 octane, which is probably actually costing you a minute amount of power. You don't do any of your own mechanical work. And you're on here asking other people to tell you what to buy. You're going to blow something up if you don't spend some time learning first.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:43 AM
Boostless97Lude

Default Re: Nitrous or Turbo (J. Davis)

oil in the cylinder can casue the rings to seal better, it's lke doing a wet compression test, and buildup and carbon can rasie the compresision, so, with and internal oil lek on one cylinder, 220 IS possible
Old 04-13-2003, 07:12 AM
New User

Default Re: Nitrous or Turbo (Boosted97Lude)

If you only want 50 extra whp then you might as well go with nitrous. There is no reason to drop the money for a turbo set up if you only want minimal gains. Oh, and it is 1 step colder plugs, not two step colder. NGK BKR7Es will work.

Quick Reply: Nitrous or Turbo